DynaCabs 1.05

Did they load with the update or do we have to load them with BOT after as a separate update? Not in the release notes

Last edited:
Separate update. I can’t remember the exact process, but you update the firmware and reboot. You’ll get an error message about missing dyncabs. Here (tho not totally sure), you hit enter and then upload the dunacabs (I use fractal bot as a standalone). And then I think reboot one more time. And make sure to update fm3 edit and reload libraries after new firmware just to be thorough.

Did they load with the update or do we have to load them with BOT after as a separate update? Not in the release notes

You have to load Dynacabs separately, however at this stage you only need to do this during a FW8.0 update if you didnt already have them installed from FW7.0. There was no change in Dynacabs from FW7 to FW8.

If you were coming from an earlier version (ie before FW7), you'll need to install Dynacabs. It's the same process - download, extract, and send via Fractal Bot.

You have to load Dynacabs separately, however at this stage you only need to do this during a FW8.0 update if you didnt already have them installed from FW7.0. There was no change in Dynacabs from FW7 to FW8.

If you were coming from an earlier version (ie before FW7), you'll need to install Dynacabs. It's the same process - download, extract, and send via Fractal Bot.

Complete sentences -ck!
Complete info -ck!
Good job!!!

Where is this info in the release notes??

I’m coming from an earlier FW without DynaCabs. If I update to FW 8 without downloading dynacabs would that cause any problems? Would I avoid having the slower boot up time that I’ve heard people mention as being associated with DynaCabs? I’m sorry if this question has already been answered.

It's in the FM3 firmware's "README Firmware Update Guide" PDF file…

• NOTE: Fractal-Bot has the capability to install two files: Firmware and DynaCabs. If you’ve already installed the current DynaCab file during a previous update, you don’t need to re-install it again every time you update the main firmware. Check the Release Notes if you’re not sure.

I’m coming from an earlier FW without DynaCabs. If I update to FW 8 without downloading dynacabs would that cause any problems? Would I avoid having the slower boot up time that I’ve heard people mention as being associated with DynaCabs? I’m sorry if this question has already been answered.
You have to load them or you'll be prompted on boot about them not being installed.

Back
Top Bottom