DynaCab 1x12 G12T-100 Info

State of Epicicity

Fractal Fanatic
The wiki reads that this is a 12" Celestion G12T-100 speaker in a 1x12 cabinet. So we know the speaker, but can anyone shed more light on the cabinet? Is it some custom built thing? Is it some obscure boutique brand? I'm just curious because I love this thing. It is absolutely the best for getting the kind of warm and enveloping metal tones I love. @FractalAudio @Admin M@ Thanks in advance for any info you'd want to share! Thanks in advance!

The wiki reads that this is a 12" Celestion G12T-100 speaker in a 1x12 cabinet. So we know the speaker, but can anyone shed more light on the cabinet? Is it some custom built thing? Is it some obscure boutique brand? I'm just curious because I love this thing. It is absolutely the best for getting the kind of warm and enveloping metal tones I love. @FractalAudio @Admin M@ Thanks in advance for any info you'd want to share! Thanks in advance!
I use it with the Recto slant on the Revv red 2. Sounds killer!

Interesting! You once recommended once the 2x12 Brown 57 IR. I love this IR (thank you), so I have to try this DynaCab too. Maybe we live in the same country in soundland, haha! My favorite DynaCab is the 2x12 bassman until now.

Interesting! You once recommended once the 2x12 Brown 57 IR. I love this IR (thank you), so I have to try this DynaCab too. Maybe we live in the same country in soundland, haha! My favorite DynaCab is the 2x12 bassman until now.

Oh, I'm with you on the Bassman too. 🙂 I've been experimenting so much with different ways to use IRs over the past few years, so I've been trying every method under the sun.

I still love the Brown Super. I even bought the entire pack it came from just to have every mic and position for that cab. I wish we had the speaker impedance curve for it, but that's another story. The Brown Super has this special upper midrange to me that inspires me to grab a Plexi and play with all the dynamics I can muster.

The Bassman is killer for focusing any tone to give it the best girth and power. The way I look at all the firmware DynaCabs is, just choose your desired low midrange focus first with the mic placement, from wooly low mids to no low mids for a scoop without even using an EQ, then dial in your amp controls. I don't go for wool with the Bassman; I go for sheer power and girth.

The G12T-100 is similar in application to the Bassman to me, but the low end gets woollier with my guitar, in a good way. The pick attack gets even more focused, but the bass can get out of focus, of you will, in a way that warms up a high gain tone. I've been using the 5150-II quite a bit recently, and I've found that I like to pair it with a strong, bassy edge mic placement to balance it's inherent definition, to emphasize the girth it's capable of with low mids that keep the pick attack from becoming too sharp.

It's a custom cabinet.

Thanks for clarifying that! Man, if you can set aside the annoyance of bumping into an amp every three feet in your office, you must feel like a kid in a candy store, having experienced the SPL of these cabs in person. I imagine if a quarter of the DynaMount captures represented in the hardware sound this incredible with the Soyuz, that thing must just shake your chest when you're in the room I'll. Thanks very much for choosing this as one of the firmware DynaCabs. I imagine it took some real consideration and maybe some hard choices to decide who was going to make the cut in the firmware.

Including the SM7B was the thing that put it over the top. That thing is pure magic, so perfectly balanced; if you wanted just to use one mic, that could easily be it. But the Soyuz to me is pure cream. It's the best part of a condenser for the way I hear tones, to play around with the right low mids for warmth.

My guitar can easily get too sharp if I don't watch it with my settings and my pick technique, so the Soyuz is my secret weapon to balance the tone.

Thanks for clarifying that! Man, if you can set aside the annoyance of bumping into an amp every three feet in your office, you must feel like a kid in a candy store, having experienced the SPL of these cabs in person. I imagine if a quarter of the DynaMount captures represented in the hardware sound this incredible with the Soyuz, that thing must just shake your chest when you're in the room I'll. Thanks very much for choosing this as one of the firmware DynaCabs. I imagine it took some real consideration and maybe some hard choices to decide who was going to make the cut in the firmware.

Including the SM7B was the thing that put it over the top. That thing is pure magic, so perfectly balanced; if you wanted just to use one mic, that could easily be it. But the Soyuz to me is pure cream. It's the best part of a condenser for the way I hear tones, to play around with the right low mids for warmth.

My guitar can easily get too sharp if I don't watch it with my settings and my pick technique, so the Soyuz is my secret weapon to balance the tone.
Again: Thank you very much! I tried it with the Euro Blue and Red and had such a good time for the last 1 1/2 hours or so. I play too much with high volume and headphones. Not so good ...! But with this speaker I get a very good sound with some backing tracks a low volumes. Could be my to go-sound for recording, very balanced, but with a lot of character, without the sometimes "over the top"- bass of the 2x12 bassman. Man, I felt like Dann Huff, except for my skills, haha!

I'm gonna have to check this one out... I ran a pair of G12T-100s for the better part of a decade and loved the 4x12 that I had with G12K-100s even more. I'm not a huge fan of the aggressive midrangey spikes that the G12T-75 and V30 seem to have and these speakers really smooth things out (as you alluded to). Thanks for making this thread to clue me in!

Again: Thank you very much! I tried it with the Euro Blue and Red and had such a good time for the last 1 1/2 hours or so. I play too much with high volume and headphones. Not so good ...! But with this speaker I get a very good sound with some backing tracks a low volumes. Could be my to go-sound for recording, very balanced, but with a lot of character, without the sometimes "over the top"- bass of the 2x12 bassman. Man, I felt like Dann Huff, except for my skills, haha!

That makes me so happy to hear! I'll have to give it a shot with the XTC models. One thing I've found is that, if I like a cab with the 5150 II, I generally also like it with the jumped 1959 Super Lead Plexi with DC power supply, so I'm going to give that a shot next time I can play.

I'm gonna have to check this one out... I ran a pair of G12T-100s for the better part of a decade and loved the 4x12 that I had with G12K-100s even more. I'm not a huge fan of the aggressive midrangey spikes that the G12T-75 and V30 seem to have and these speakers really smooth things out (as you alluded to). Thanks for making this thread to clue me in!

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely look for any G12K-100 IRs I can find too in that case. I hope the G12T DynaCab hits a sweet spot with your guitar! Differently try it out on the edge with the Soyuz to get that rich creamy low end and see what you think.

Back
Top Bottom