Dyna cabs Packs

jwa174900

Inspired
I thought with the news that there are Dyna cab packs going to beta testers we could open a new thread where people could ask questions on this thread and maybe some things could be answered so the thread for firmware 22.00 doesn't get hijacked. Admins please delete this thread if its inappropriate.

I thought with the news that there are Dyna cab packs going to beta testers we could open a new thread where people could ask questions on this thread and maybe some things could be answered so the thread for firmware 22.00 doesn't get hijacked. Admins please delete this thread if its inappropriate.
Well York just said in another thread his contribution with be months away , so the pack that is going into beta that Matt mentioned is either FAS in house or another 3rd party maybe Austin Buddy ? He has cab packs and has been quiet lately

The cab used has as big of an impact on the overall sound as the amp does. Some people use different amps, like a hiwatt, matchless, etc. I'm sure they would be happy to have the "matching" cabs. Luckily, I am covered with the ac30, deluxe reverb, and greenback cabs myself.

Will third party dynacab creators be able to use different microphone choices than what we have already?
Will third party dynacab creators be able to do off axis choices?

The cab used has as big of an impact on the overall sound as the amp does. Some people use different amps, like a hiwatt, matchless, etc. I'm sure they would be happy to have the "matching" cabs. Luckily, I am covered with the ac30, deluxe reverb, and greenback cabs myself.
I’ll add the Speaker Impedance Curve to the list. Take a Cab and IR then assign a different SIC in the Amp block and the sound can change drastically.

Will third party dynacab creators be able to do off axis choices?
As in angles? They can’t supply a different interface to the front panel or in Edit, and the existing interfaces don’t have angular motion, so they have the same limitations as Fractal’s cabs. There’s always the possibility of updates to both the interfaces and the files themselves to add it, but I seriously doubt we’ll see 3rd parties be able to do it on their own.

Currently, from what I’ve read, the motion of the robot used to move the microphones only allows from the center of the cone to the edge, and from the grill cloth to whatever the maximum distance is. (I’m away from my gear so I can’t check.) Adding n angles would increase the size of each movement’s capture by n times. At some point they’ll consume all available space.

PS - adding the angles would increase the time necessary to capture the IRs, and the time to process them. Cliff commented that they take a long time to capture already, but didn’t say how long.

Last edited:
I wonder though, about mic angles, if a creator might release a two mic pack, with a straight and an angled mic option from the drop down menu. It wouldn't require anything different in the graphics as they are now, just naming it correctly. I could see something like 57, 57 angled, 414, 414 angled. That would still give a ton of tonal options.

I wonder though, about mic angles, if a creator might release a two mic pack, with a straight and an angled mic option from the drop down menu. It wouldn't require anything different in the graphics as they are now, just naming it correctly. I could see something like 57, 57 angled, 414, 414 angled. That would still give a ton of tonal options.
It depends on where the information from the list comes from. I suspect it’s in the software, not in the IR data.

I’d look forward to York’s contribution, but honestly don’t feel like I need anything else. The amount of ground covered by the stock offerings is staggering. What else could we really need?

Ease of quickly working with the staggering amount of content via a more intuitive GUI opposed to the old method of manually selecting IR after IR just to hear changes in mic position……

If new dyna-cab’s don’t have their corresponding speaker impedance curve then it’d be a turn off from me from buying.

Not that I know if there’s still space for alot more SIC’s or 3rd parties are even allowed to add more SIC’s.

(Spare me the “you don’t have to use the
corresponding one” statement, I know)

Side note: Does the SIC change alot if Amp A to Cab 1 is compared to Amp B to Cab 1 ? Or is it just too many variables to acount for?

If new dyna-cab’s don’t have their corresponding speaker impedance curve then it’d be a turn off from me from buying.

Not that I know if there’s still space for alot more SIC’s or 3rd parties are even allowed to add more SIC’s.

(Spare me the “you don’t have to use the
corresponding one” statement, I know)

Side note: Does the SIC change alot if Amp A to Cab 1 is compared to Amp B to Cab 1 ? Or is it just too many variables to acount for?
The SIC doesn't change. It's based on the cab and speakers only.

The response to the SIC is different for different amps.

The SIC doesn't change. It's based on the cab and speakers only.

The response to the SIC is different for different amps.
Thanks for the info

Maybe I wasn’t clear but what I mean is let’s say if Cab X doesn’t come with the right SIC for Cab X then I’d be less inclined to get it , especially since the Auto change SIC is a thing.

Side Note: if it’s a different SIC depending on the amp I’ll assume a neutral SS or tube amp of some sort was used for the current SIC’s?

Thanks for the info

Maybe I wasn’t clear but what I mean is let’s say if Cab X doesn’t come with the right SIC for Cab X then I’d be less inclined to get it , especially since the Auto change SIC is a thing.

Side Note: if it’s a different SIC depending on the amp I’ll assume a neutral SS or tube amp of some sort was used for the current SIC’s?
There is no amp involved. The SIC is measured from the cab... At least, as far as I remember reading.

I still haven't been able to recreate the punch of my favorite Cab Pack with the Dyna Cabs: Live Ready Sounds - Vinai T Emotive Tones V1. I can get great tones with the DynaCabs, but not that specific one.

Paging @Deadpan. I would love to have something like that on DynaCab version, to add more variants.

Back
Top Bottom