DWEEZIL ZAPPA TOUR ALERT!!! WHO’S GOING (should be you) !?!

bradlake

Axe-Master
As always I am most excited to see my fave touring band (I have the dubious honor of being promoter of the final performance in Illinois they were allowed to use the name Zappa Plays Zappa) but at least DZ is still allowed to use his surname for himself for now...:rolleyes:..He is actively claiming the freshened lineup is his best ever. Matt. @Admin M@ claimed he was planning to use a couple AxeFX III s on this tour, but I have not yet been able to confirm that is happening yet...has anyone here seen the gig yet ?? I am seeing them a couple times in the midwest in May. If you haven’t yet done so, even if you think you aren’t a Zappa fan, you owe it to yourself to see this musically stunning event which has been Fractal powered for many years. ..
www.dweezilzappa.com

IMG_1882.JPG
So, crappy iPhone shot, but this was taken at George's Majestic Lounge On April 3rd, 2018 in Fayetteville AR. You can clearly see two green screens - I figured they were AXE FX II xl+. I haven't seen the III in person, so I don't know what the operating screens look like.

And, yes, the band was excellent. The show was thoroughly enjoyable.
SJB

View attachment 46299
So, crappy iPhone shot, but this was taken at George's Majestic Lounge On April 3rd, 2018 in Fayetteville AR. You can clearly see two green screens - I figured they were AXE FX II xl+. I haven't seen the III in person, so I don't know what the operating screens look like.

And, yes, the band was excellent. The show was thoroughly enjoyable.
SJB
Thanks @SJB , yup, that’s the old rig, blue is the new green....As far as I can see...He toured Australia with an AX8 this winter. Maybe he’s waiting for his FC too.

I'd love to see Dweezil Zappa play. What a great musician, great teacher, and really nice guy. Frank must be so proud of him.

Drove up from Virginia Beach to catch the Philly show this weekend. Maybe my favorite lineup of the group yet. Some new arrangements to some of the standards really freshened things up. Their commitment to their art is unparalleled.

Dweezil, if you're listening, please make it back around to Norfolk (the Norva) again, we really miss you down here!

Drove up from Virginia Beach to catch the Philly show this weekend. Maybe my favorite lineup of the group yet. Some new arrangements to some of the standards really freshened things up. Their commitment to their art is unparalleled.

Dweezil, if you're listening, please make it back around to Norfolk (the Norva) again, we really miss you down here!
Yeah all reports are new guy is stellar and Cian is really hitting her stride as well.......so great that the core players have remained with him so long...more stable than any of his dads combos........

Played there many, many times. My old bandmate (Vinny "Mad Dog" Lopez) from the original E Street Band, still gigs there regularly. That would be great venue to see Dweezil up close and personal.

Back
Top Bottom