Dweezil: Where did you get these stickers?

oddb0d

Inspired
I was looking at Dweezil's rig (the big one) and noticed he had some awesome stickers over the IA buttons that looked like the pedals. I thought that was cool.

DSC00106.gif

Anyone know (or Dweezil care to share) where you can get those?

Thanks!
Matthew

I had previously forwarded that picture to this woman I had met back in college that does scrapbooking now. She said those appear to be standard Avery labels and she has a tool that is kind of like a "circle knife" (if that makes sense) that you would place on top of the label, twist, and it would make the hole for the IA switch.

That's what I plan to do at some point.

mworkman said:
I had previously forwarded that picture to this woman I had met back in college that does scrapbooking now. She said those appear to be standard Avery labels and she has a tool that is kind of like a "circle knife" (if that makes sense) that you would place on top of the label, twist, and it would make the hole for the IA switch.

That's what I plan to do at some point.

That makes perfect sense!

yes they are some kind of avery label printed on a laser printer... i'm assuming they are waterproof, and removable. would love to find out the exact label #.

I asked him, and he kindly told his tech to write me back and explain it to me.
It's normal paper, printed with a home printer, and then a double side sticker (to attach it to the pedalboard) and clear film in the front, to protect it.

Doh! :roll:

I made some labels on normal adhesive paper (actually a CD label, printed between the lines and cut with a knife) and put some cellotape on top.

Don't think the cellotape will last long, though...

I once worked at a signing shop. They had a printer that would print very durably on special foil. It had a knife plotter built in to cut the foil exactly to shape after printing it. That would rule for this. Hugely expensive though. One set of those stickers would cost upwards of $100 I guess. And limited in colours since every color had its own application foil.

There are more and more internet sign shops that might do this stuff. If someone could pre-press those stickers... Hmm.

psst said:
I asked him, and he kindly told his tech to write me back and explain it to me.
It's normal paper, printed with a home printer, and then a double side sticker (to attach it to the pedalboard) and clear film in the front, to protect it.

so those diskette lables will work.. i think they are glossy, and easily removable if you decide to move things around. I'm picking up some today at lunch, and report back tonight.

Do you know what would be cool for this, Magnetic Paper! Especially for the guy that changes stuff a lot, or just hasn't found the perfect pedal board arrangement yet.

I used to have a few sheets of it around, but I've moved twice since the last time I saw it.

The only down side is it doesn't come in many precut shapes. I found business cards, common photo sizes, and full sheet, so an exacto-knife and a steady hand would most likely be needed to get the size and shape you want, but in the event you change what a button does glue remover won't be involved. :D

Back
Top Bottom