Dweezil on Leno

wake911

Experienced
Dweezil just played Leno for Alice Cooper with his 2 ultras and his 4 atomics. and killed it!!!!! sounded great, and he played great. Cool seeing ultras on stage.

Main dual Axe-Fx rig in all its glory. Quad expression pedal action. Nice view of the Atomic Reactor FR Wedges set upright. Sheets of Sound techniques in action... Tonight Show camera and editing crews did a great job too!

My first reaction was that it's a big rig. After thinking about it a bit, it occurred to me that for the places he plays, it's a relatively portable rig considering that it's the whole enchilada including cabs. Okay, maybe the pedalboard is over the top but that might just be envy. ;)

I think Dweezil might be using a Strat body that Hendrix burned onstage and later gave to Frank, who passed it on to Dweezil....cool clip...

Funny to see him go all shredding again. That's how he started didn't he, before getting into Zappo plays Zappa?

I understood that some routings are so complex that he uses one for left and one for right.
Also serves as backup if ones fails.

Dweezil's rig is dual stereo in a B-A-A-B configuration.
He has one expression pedal for the OUT VOL of each ULTRA, with presets designed as layered blends.

anyone know how i can get his wah sound he had the at end....very vocal and what i've been trying to dial in.

anyone know how i can get his wah sound he had the at end....very vocal and what i've been trying to dial in.

In a video interview with Dunlop from a few months ago, he demonstrated it. He has a few other things attached to it too, not just wah. It's pretty cool sounding, yes.... yes it is. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom