Dweezil at L.A. Amp Show (Premiere Guitar)

Thanks Cooper - that's very kind of you my friend. Dudes - we have something coming out very soon that is plain, simple and colour-based yet still 2-part so it'll give you the flexibility of swapping texts as with our current sets of KickTags. Wll tell you more about it when they are ready.Thomas Nordegg is a seriously top bloke and amazingly down to earth - have had many very funny email exchanges with him!

3. Previously, Dweezil used two real dynaflangers in his rig. We took the chance to dial these in on the Axe-Fx II and he felt we really nailed it. He shows how the amp cleans up with the vol control, then demonstrates a pedal which creates detune before engaging a classic type whammy.

The original schematics of the MicMIx Dynaflanger are readily available on the net if needed.

Great video, thanks @CC for posting. :)

I wonder, now...any chance of doing a drive model based on the Triskelion? After I noticed that Dweezil still has it and the Philosopher's Tone on his board, it seems as though these could also be replicated with the Axe II (although the Triskelion does seem to have its own vibe going, admittedly; hence the potential model for it.)

Always enjoyed Dweezil's playing...definitely "out there" but still grounded in straight ahead R & R.

In that video he has 4 Roland EV-5 pedals. They're small and only weigh 400g, which is literally 1/4 of the weight of a Boss FV500 pedal.

Can somebody give me an idea of how Dweezil makes the "slide pedal" sound starting at 5:08 . He must have a exp. pedal attached to some sort of detuning parameter ?
It sounds really cool and reminds me of his fathers sound.

+ 1 to the slide pedal question. It sounds very well controlled by Dweezil, and a lot of guitarists would probably like to have enough expression pedals in a rig to be able to add that. Wouldn't replace a B-bender though (uses the players body to whammy up just the B string); I guess its too difficult to algorithmically single out a note range from the Axe Fx input, so you could do a kind of Super B-bender effect. In other words you could set an effected pitch range, and maximum pitch shift up range, and so effected-range notes would be pitch-shifted whammy pedal style by the expression pedal - say by a whole step if that was your shift-up setting, but notes out of the effected range would not.....) One could therefore use this for more than the B string. Example, you set the range from the pitch of the E on 2nd string to the A on that string. So any time you play one of those notes (on any string), and others outside of that range are present in the Axe Fx input as well, and you depress the expression pedal, the effected-range pitch goes up, according to the shift range. Meanwhile we could give donations to the B-Bender guys so they don't don't lose any income. OK, maybe that last part should be taken care of by Goldman Suchs.

Back
Top Bottom