Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WorshipGuy

Inspired
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's all I have to say about that.
I'm floored!!!! It just gets better and better. If anyone says this isn't the greatest piece of guitar ever then they don't know what there doing.

I would agree with you a million%. Used my AX8 at a new church last night at practice. The sound guy was blown away. He kept giving me thumbs up. It was kind of silly. The band was really good seasoned musicians. Everyone was definitely digging it.
Scott,

I have a first rehearsal tonight. I'm going to plug strait into the PA. Should I expect it to have the same feel? Got any tips if anything sounds different?

Yeah, the tone I got was unbelievable on my first play. I had to hit the road for a doctor appt or I'd be in tone heaven still.

Scott,

I have a first rehearsal tonight. I'm going to plug strait into the PA. Should I expect it to have the same feel? Got any tips if anything sounds different?

It should yes. I'm not sure if you are using a monitor, or In ears, but that could have something to do with tone coming back at you. I tell the sound guy, keep the EQ straight up. The in ears sounded great last night, better than the bigger church I usually play. Always remember what might sound thinner than normal might sit just right once you have the Bass and keyboard player filling in the rest of the space. I noticed my sound last night being a little thinner then home. But got nothing but compliments on the tone, so go figure. I have to tell you for Churches there is nothing better than an AX8! I am definitely in my happy place.

It should yes. I'm not sure if you are using a monitor, or In ears, but that could have something to do with tone coming back at you. I tell the sound guy, keep the EQ straight up. The in ears sounded great last night, better than the bigger church I usually play. Always remember what might sound thinner than normal might sit just right once you have the Bass and keyboard player filling in the rest of the space. I noticed my sound last night being a little thinner then home. But got nothing but compliments on the tone, so go figure. I have to tell you for Churches there is nothing better than an AX8! I am definitely in my happy place.
Thanks for the info.

This has been my experience as well. All the sound guys have been been leaving me pretty much flat except to compensate for the rooms...

This has been my experience as well. All the sound guys have been been leaving me pretty much flat except to compensate for the rooms...

That's good. Sometime you have to educate your sound man nicely of course, when you have something that is new, they are so used to miking amps, so when you throw them a curve ball, there like wait! I get to control the total sound, OK...

Like you guys...I will use this in a worship setting as well.. Do you guys plug right into the board through the Mic jacks?

Also....do you create your own Patches or use the stock ones?

Like you guys...I will use this in a worship setting as well.. Do you guys plug right into the board through the Mic jacks?

Also....do you create your own Patches or use the stock ones?

Yes, I go direct from the XLR out.

I create my own patches, but I'm not going to lie, I have stolen a couple of presets and made them mine...;-)

It's really not that hard. It's all about repetition. The more you do it, the better you get at it.

FAS has made THE best modeler ever produced, IMHO, since they released the very first Axe FX and they only continue to get better. I hate to think what kind of disgustingly over complicated rig I would have if their products didn't exist.

Last edited:
I used the ax8 for the first time at band practice today and man, it sounded great! I used it with an Alesis Alpha 112 and it sounded and felt great at loud-ish volumes. Everyone kept asking me what it was and how it worked. It's kinda hard to explain it to guys who love tube amps and know nothing about modeling stuff. Haha

I am also using it in a worship setting, and it excels at it. The ambient tones possible from it are amazing. I'm just using a basic ac30 tb sound with the custom sm58 ac30 IR someone posted here, and it's awesome. The tones I'm getting from it are way better than the tones I got from my ac15c1. Incredible.

How much better can quantum 2.0 be? Lol

Seems like the guy running the board at our church hates 2 things...reverb and delay. He's told me numerous times to run with no reverb or delay. Seems to me like a guy that should know how to run a board should also know how to work with delay and reverb....? No ?

Seems like the guy running the board at our church hates 2 things...reverb and delay. He's told me numerous times to run with no reverb or delay. Seems to me like a guy that should know how to run a board should also know how to work with delay and reverb....? No ?
Reverb and delay are really important in a ton a worship songs, and my tone would not sound right without it. He's in the wrong place if he doesn't like reverb and delay if you ask me.

yes and no, this depends greatly on the hall. some rooms have to much reverb already and if this is the case the best sound man is the world will have a hard time with your signal if it also has reverb and delay. you should listen to the mix from his(or her) point of reference and then discuss it with him(or her)

I have been trying to minimize the use of reverb lately. Delay that's a whole different story. I'm playing 4 songs this weekend and everyone of the songs has a dotted 8th with a different tempo. When I was using reverbs the mix was like .02%, something really small. I think I was weening myself off it.

I had a chance to fire it up with the band's PA last night

The 1987x, the Boutique mix cab and nothing else in the chain through 2400 W PA - That is probably the best guitar sound, I ever had.

Back
Top Bottom