LVC

Fractal Fanatic
Anybody try this amp?

In honor of rosh hashanah - Holy "Matzah" shit balls
faint2.gif

LOL...time to start breaking the vicoden in half my friend.:lol

Seriously, yeah it's a great tone.

Last edited:
Thank God I'm moving of this damn apartment next month and back into a house where I can actually check these things out at a decent volume level!

That amp was the missing link for me to complete my gigging patch. I cannot believe I did not see it earlier.

With my Bludtones and the real dumbles I have played OD/Mid/PAB engaged was the lead tone -- it is a tone that just rocks my world.

For my tastes it is the perfect lead tone!

Last edited:
+1. The mid-boost model has a roar to it that goes beyond the original ODS-100 model.

+1. The mid-boost model has a roar to it that goes beyond the original ODS-100 model.

basically what it is the ODS 100 lead channel has a mid boost that you flip on -- it also has a Preamp boost that you control from the footswtich.

dialing it in is a little tricky but man does it sound good.

Last edited:
basically what it is the ODS 100 lead channel has a mid boost that you flip on -- it also has a Preamp boost that you control from the footswtich.

dialing it in is a little tricky but man does it sound good.

What cab are you using?

What's the tricky part?

Maybe its not tricky (except for me :lol ).

I was trying to match the tone of the amp to what the normal OD channel sounds like when I turn on the mid-boost of a James Tyler Burning Water 2k guitar with my Suhr Humbucker tele.

If I ever get another D-style amp built -- I might ask the builder to see if he can create an adjustable Mid-Boost gain (similar to the Demeter mid-boost circuit used by tyler) that I can engage with the footswtich.

I was trying to match the tone of the amp to what the normal OD channel sounds like when I turn on the mid-boost of a James Tyler Burning Water 2k guitar with my Suhr Humbucker tele.
You might have better luck with an EQ in front of the amp. Or different pickups. :)

What are you talking about?

The ODS Lead Mid is effectively the lead channel of the dumble amp with the Preamp Boost engaged (from foot pedal) and the mid-boost engaged. It sounds incredible.

<><>

ODS-100 Clean / LD Mid / Lead (based on Dumble OD Special)

1. Based on: Dumble OD Special, HRM version, serial number 213. A coveted but rare amp brand made famous by Robben Ford. Clean and OD channel. "Mid" model: OD channel with the mid boost switch engaged. Speakers: G12-65, EVM 12L
  2. Stock cabinet suggestions:
    • 29/56 (G12-65) or try the G12-65 IRs in Fractal's Mad Oak Cab Pack (not a stock cab)
    • 8/12/105/106/119 (EVM)
  3. Original controls: Volume (Axe-Fx: Input Drive), Bass, Middle, Treble, Overdrive Level (Axe-Fx: Overdrive), Ratio, Master Volume, Presence, Bright switch, Mid boost switch, Preamp boost (PAB)
  4. Wikipedia
  5. Previous to firmware 10 the ODS models were based on the Bludotone Ojai (now a separate model)
  6. Firmware 10 release notes: "The ODS-100 models were redone and matched to a Dumble Overdrive Special, S/N 0213. This particular amp is a 100W “HRM” version. The lead channel was matched with the preamp bypass (PAB) engaged which bypasses the input tone stack. Note that the clean channel has a bright cap on the Master Volume. This causes the tone to get brighter as the MV is reduced and vice-versa"
  7. Cliff: "The ODS100 has two drive controls, one is right at the input, the other is in the lead boost section." Source
  8. Cliff: "I hate to admit it but there is something special about a real Dumble. I don't know what it is but there is something in the voicing. The various clones I have are cool and have their own thing going but they don't sound like the Dumble. Hard amp to play though. Very unforgiving but tremendous clarity" Source
  9. Cliff: "They call HRM "Hot Rubber Monkey" but what it really means is "Hot Rod Marshall". The HRM Dumbles have a fixed Marshall tone stack at the output of the lead channel. This gives a little scoop to the mids" Source
  10. Pictures of amp settings: 1, 2

Sorry but I had not noticed there was a ODS LD mid, but I'm glad I asked and you cleared it up for me. I'm gonna check it!

Back
Top Bottom