Dueling Morse Marshall Rigs

dongrosh said:
Hey John,

so, as i´m probably the only german with a signed CD from you.....
nice to have you here - just wanted to post the HRI link here and still found you.

When you need next time a Rectifier in Berlin - just sent me the .syx file, i always will
have an AXE here for you.......(if you remember haha)....

wilfried
Don't make dig the CD out and see whther he signed mine, last time I checked I was German as well. :)

Ed DeGenaro said:
dongrosh said:
Hey John,

nice to have you here - just wanted to post the HRI link here and still found you.

When you need next time a Rectifier in Berlin - just sent me the .syx file, i always will

wilfried
Don't make dig the CD out and see whther he signed mine, last time I checked I was German as well. :)

Shit, you´re right, ok, i correct myself - the only now living in s/w-germany guitar player with an dumble and an CD signed from John - puh, hope no one will beat me now ;)

Ed DeGenaro said:

Meh, your accent is gone enough that I can understand 95% of what you say so at this point you're a 'meracanized German. I don't think that counts.

Thanks gain for looking into this clip - regardless of whether you are a real or acculturated German. :)

Just got back from playing my first gig with my the Axe FX Ultra at the Vans Warped Tour this evening! I still can’t quite believe I actually did this as I usually haul out a truckload of gear – which is fine when I have help and time. However, I din’t have the later today as Warped Tour shows are super fast un-load and off-loads with only a 25-minute set or so depending on the stage. Instead of bringing this, plus controller board and speakers, all I bought was a 4-space rack loaded with the Axe FX, an RJM Mastermind controller (which ingeniously fits inside- thanks Ron), a Roland expression pedal and a latching pedal. Oh yeah, I also had my guitar and a big parachute bag full of merch. Since I didn’t even bring a power amp and speakers today, I just had the sound crew put two big monitor wedges behind me stood up on their sides with 100% Axe FX and it was instant guitar rig. It felt good, and the sound was comfortable onstage. Afterwards, people who really know my sounds live told me it was huge out in the crowd, but just drier –as I always keep the wets lower if in doubt. The only thing that I was not totally comfortable with was not having my synth and piezo, but we only did the heavier numbers this evening so it was cool. So, in the final analysis, instead of having to burn 1 Phelps unit (the amount of energy MP burns in one hour during training) to move my rig, today, I used about 0.1 at most.

...sounds killer John! :lol:

...will you be using the Axe-Fx when you guys open for King's X at the Brick by Brick in San Diego on Aug. 27th at 8 pm? Hmmm? ;)

... :lol: ... :twisted:

Hey John,

Nice stuff as always man. Axe FX Ultra is the bomb, yes? I love mine which is pretty much my go-to rig for the studio. Be sure to get up with Scott regarding live work setups.

Fred Russ
demo reel | guitar |

ps: Craig owns one too ;)

John Alexander said:
...sounds killer John! :lol:

...will you be using the Axe-Fx when you guys open for King's X at the Brick by Brick in San Diego on Aug. 27th at 8 pm? Hmmm? ;)

... :lol: ... :twisted:

Itispat.jpg

Sr. Fred,

¿quién la cogida es Sr. Scott? Scott Peterson? Scott Lerner? Scott Henderson? Scott Johnson? Come on man, my Guinea pig just died and I'm having a hard time with this...must explain death to the precocious 6-year-old in the am. Got the (now) stiff little guy curled up under his little plastic green room for some post-modem dignity in the meanwhile. Closed his beady eyes so they don't have to peer into the eyes of the dead. :(

John - you're a poet and didn't know it .... hey - that rhymed! ;)

Sorry 'bout your guinea pig man. Pets - they're just like people and the loss can be stunning.

The right Scott for the task is Scott Peterson - he's been working quite hard to get the live settings down pat - you'll need this for your live antics with HM.

Really fine playing man.

Thanks Fred and Cam!

dongrosh said:
Hey John,

wilfried

Hallo Wilfried!

I was just watering my garden, and I realized what you were talking about...a week later. :lol: That Mesa I asked you about 2 years ago was actually for Jerry Goodman, not me! Now, as far as the Axe FX goes, that is a super powerful function of a memory dump!!! Thanks, and I hope I get over there to take you up on your kind offer.

Tschuss,

J

...I saw John's band, Hectic Watermelon, open for King's X last night in San Diego...to make the load in/out simple, John opted to go direct to FOH using his Axe-Fx only...this was the first time I have heard an Axe-Fx through a cranked PA as I haven't used mine live (I am this Friday though)...I was blown away at how good his tones were through the PA...lots of people were commenting on how good his rig sounded...the Axe-Fx is the real deal!! :lol:

John Alexander said:
...I saw John's band, Hectic Watermelon, open for King's X last night in San Diego...to make the load in/out simple, John opted to go direct to FOH using his Axe-Fx only...this was the first time I have heard an Axe-Fx through a cranked PA as I haven't used mine live (I am this Friday though)...I was blown away at how good his tones were through the PA...lots of people were commenting on how good his rig sounded...the Axe-Fx is the real deal!! :lol:

So what your saying is it worked for you :p

Where was the quote from? Thanks.

...most definitely worked for me! It sounded huge...

...the two bands playing after Hectic Watermelon (including King's X) had a mountain of gear on stage and so bringing the Axe-Fx is no-brainer in situations where you have limited time and space to set-up...

...as a new Axe-Fx owner, I wonder if Ty Tabor listened to any of Hectic's set...btw, Ty played through 2 Egnater stacks...

Thanks for the post, John. Yes, the AXE, once dialed-in in the safety of your own studio can be a total live guitar solution. My live presents are almost complete, but I need to build some that have both my clean magnetic pickpus and piezo in a parallel rig like my big mega-rack. Only thing it is missing is the synth now :)

Back
Top Bottom