Drum software

joel

Inspired
im looking for a good drum vst.. any suggestions?
i have battery 3 and some kits on NI kontakt.. what do you guys use?

Just started using Superior Drummer with the Metal Foundry expansion. Even if you're not into metal, the drums sound great and are very versatile.

Superior drummer is awesome
Very real sounding drums
Very loop able
Last track we did someone wanted contact details of the drummer!!

I use both EZDrummer and Steven Slate Drums.

EZDrummer is super easy to set up, seems not to be as resource hungry and has a TON of add ins and MIDI beats that you can pull in. However, sometime it just sounds a bit too computerised. A lot of people can tell immediately when EZ Drummer is used on a track (my ears aren't that well trained though, so I am not one of those people).

SSD is a lot more resource intensive and slightly harder to work with, but you get killer, very realistic drum sounds and beats out of it.

I just did this track a few weeks ago with SSD 4 :

I've been using Addictive Drums since forever 8) Can't say if its better than others. Sounds good to me. Don't take my word for it. Like any other gear... try it yourself. oh that and Rayzoon Jamstix. I suck at drums!:mrgreen

Toontracks Superior Drummer 2.0 with the NY Drums expansion pack and The Metal Foundry. Also the entire Steven Slate drums Platinum edition. You won't need anything else.

EZ drummer is on sale at sweetwater for 29.00. I use stylus rmx, but want to goof with something else, just bought it so we will see if it gets used.

I own...

EZDrummer
Superior Drummer
Addictive Drums
SSD 4.0 Platinum

Expansions for EZDrummer/Superior... Metal Foundry, Drumkit From Hell, Metal Heads, Metal Machine, Rock Solid.

If you want my suggestions... All are really good depending on what kind of music you're recording. I have a love hate relationship with all of them. Out of all of them though, I've probably used Addictive drums the most for when I'm recording/mixing for clients, and it's probably the most versatile, but it's my least favorite sounding for the type of music I write/record myself. I would never use the EZDrummer or Superior Drummer stock sets. They've become overused and immediately recognizable, although I've heard some amazing mixes incorporating the Avatar samples, although heavily processed combined with additional samples. Great sounding room mics on those samples!

Back
Top Bottom