Wish Drum echo

I have been messing around with the Tape Delay blocks on the III, and have gotten some very pleasing results. However, nothing I have been able to conjure up sounds as nice as the Strymon Volante or Echorec-type pedals I have been listening to clips of. I would love an Echorec emulation on the III. The Boss DD-200 seems to have a nice drum echo setting too.

The Multitap Delay "Quad Tape" is a lot of fun to play around with for those multi-head vintage echoes.

Thanks Leon. I have played with that block, and I can get close(ish), but as other have pointed out I think the sound is partly due to the grit and warmth added to the repeats. The modulation options in the repeats are nice, but do not seem to really add 'wow' or 'flutter'. TBH, I have the Valhalla Delay plugin and that (IMO) sounds better than the tape echo in the III. I might just get a Volante and be done with it. I would love some more tape/drum echo options in the III though.

upvote for the Binson type delay. I havre a volante on my amp pedalboard and it’s fantastic. I dont see any reason why this pedal couldnt be easily recreated in software.

Added tape delay options would be rad!!

• Wow and flutter.
  • Tape crinkle.
  • tape age, tape output bias (for infinite repeats that don’t oscillate into oblivion).

The synth block has a record type noise generator, I wonder if you could randomize some “tape noises” or quirky pitch changes in parallel with a tape delay block.

I am also chasing my love for the El Clap and Volante.

Still so overwhelmed and grateful for how incredible the Axe Fx III is!!

Back
Top Bottom