IRs Dr Bonkers Has a Free Gift to Get Your Mind Off of Shelter in Place

Third-party impulse response pack
I bought your Sunn 2x12 pack after trying these. I liked some of your hyperreal mixes in that pack even more than the one in the free pack (which is also superb).

Last edited:
Thank you dr B for your kind gift. Could you maybe also give me a suggestion, which cab would you pair with which amp to start with and for what instrument, bass or guitar? I'm not familiar with all of these cabs but I would really like to try them out properly. Thanks!

Thank you dr B for your kind gift. Could you maybe also give me a suggestion, which cab would you pair with which amp to start with and for what instrument, bass or guitar? I'm not familiar with all of these cabs but I would really like to try them out properly. Thanks!
All the cabs picked work ok for bass and guitar depending upon musical style, playing style, and instruments used.

Here's some ideas that are guitar centric:

• 4X12 PVH515 FREEMIX DBS = 6160 Block, 5153 Blue
  • 8X10 MBBC FREEMIX DBS = any of the JCM 800 or Friedman amps
  • 2X12 SULA FREEMIX DBS = Das Metal, 1959 SLP Jump
  • 1X10 VAC FREEMIX DBS = AC-20 EF86, ODS-100
  • 2X15 SULA FREEMIX DBS = Plexi 100, Texas Clean, citrus A30
  • 1X12 WMAN2 FREEMIX DBS = JC120, SV Bass 1, 5F8 Tweed
For bass, depending upon cab and bass used, I like the SLO 100 Clean (dime the master and control hair with pre level), JC 120, AC-20, Citrus Terrier, CAE clean, USA Pre Clean, and the Nuclear Tone.

This will give you some nice starting points for experimenting.

Another couple variations to try:
Lower the Variac to 65-80%
Swap the tone stack out for the Skyline, Skyline Deep, or Leggy

Let me know how you do with these!

EDIT: For the 2x15, dropping it into the Who's Next preset or pairing with the Hiwatt Brilliant will give you some good Townshend fun.

Last edited:
All the cabs picked work ok for bass and guitar depending upon musical style, playing style, and instruments used.

For bass, depending upon cab and bass used, I like the SLO 100 Clean (dime the master and control hair with pre level), JC 120, AC-20, Citrus Terrier, CAE clean, USA Pre Clean, and the Nuclear Tone.

Thanks a lot! Great, a lot of amps that I rarely or never use, it will be fun to experiment. I'll let you know. 🙂

EDIT: For the 2x15, dropping it into the Who's Next preset or pairing with the Hiwatt Brilliant will give you some good Townshend fun.

Thanks again for the tips. I've spent a few hours now with your IRs and had a lot of fun playing actually. Sometimes I forgot I was testing and just kept playing. :)

Here's my feedback.

Guitar centric: I started with the 4x12 PVH 515 and made a preset with each of the suggested amps which I'm very happy with. This IR is so organic, I don't dare to say yet after only one session that it's the best IR for these amps but it very well might be. The 8x10 MBBC goes indeed well with JCM800 (I realize now that I forgot to try it out with the Friedmans too). I never play with 10" cabs, I have to compare more but this IR has already something I like. I also liked the 2x15 SULA with the TX Star Clean, it has a nice warmth and the beauty of the digital world is that if you use a delay with a 15" speaker, it works well, contrary to a physical 15" speaker (at least according to my own experience). It's a nice, warm, well balanced IR.

Bass centric: Solo 100 Clean as well as CA3+ Clean, wow! Excellent suggestions and I didn't touch anything, no Variac (I've tried though, other tone stacks as well), just Input Drive and Master Volume. First I started with the 2x15 SULA and then I added 1x10 VAC and that was it for me. I have a new preset (amp X/Y) for playing and recording. No tweaking at all, I didn't touch the tone stack. It works from the box.

I have to play some more but I just wanted to give you a quick answer. I like them, I'll spend some more time with them and thank you!

I'm finally reunited with my axe III and want to load the cabs you so graciously shared with us but am confused as to whether I should load the 16, 24 or 32 bit cabs?
Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom