Downloaded patches muted? Why?

Wildwind

Experienced
I have downloaded several patches from members - about half of them are muted somehow. This newbie can't figure out why. There is a complete signal path and none of the components are muted. I'm sure it's bone simple, but my bones can't figure it out. Any help?

Thanks - Greg

External controllers connected to a level most likely. Look for volume blocks in it and bypass or turn to a shunt if you do not need them.

When I hit Cabinet, AE does show a cab, not a weird number (that one I have run into before). And no idea on the external controller thing but will explore it. The patches look pretty straightforward. I thought maybe some presets were just that way and y'all knew how to deal.

When I hit Cabinet, AE does show a cab, not a weird number (that one I have run into before). And no idea on the external controller thing but will explore it. The patches look pretty straightforward. I thought maybe some presets were just that way and y'all knew how to deal.

Is there a volume block in the presets?

If you give a link to the preset, I can tell you in about 30 seconds.

It was the cabs - I missed it each time, but my AE was acting funny and some things didn't actually change correctly. I know to swap out the cabs.

But for those who make their patches available (which is great BTW) - is it just generally known to swap cabs, despite the effect that will have on the tones? Just curious.

Thanks for the help, a little smarter than I was this morning now.

You shouldn't have to swap cabs unless they are missing from the original preset. Everything needed to make the preset work should be included in the saved preset unless something is left out prior to the save. I always include everything in mine. If I use a custom IR, I make sure to post that along with the preset or at the very least a link to it.

Back
Top Bottom