Downgrading Firmware, how?

would it be the same as if i were to use the PEQ block rather than the global EQ?

If you use it at the end of the chain, yeah, I'm quite sure it would be, although the global EQ seems to be a graphic EQ so it would be easier to obtain similar results with the graphic EQ.

Well in theory the global will affect all your presets, so if everything is muffled the same way, increasing high end global EQ will brighten everything up correctly.

The PEQ is part of your tone shaping, so eventually you may revisit that per preset, but a quick fix could be the global graphic, which is Post all of your presets/tones.

Try lowering your transformer match( a little goes a long ways), adding some dynamic presence, and a little character. I notice the Master volume has alot to do with the tone to, if too muffled lower it.

it's certain that you could tweak the patches under v10 to match or exceed your previous sounds
But if your next gigs are imminent, backtracking to the last FW you used could be a wise temporary measure
You need to be sure that you have a backup of your patches under the last firmware you used, if not - this will be really hit and miss

As earlier posts say - just install the last firmware same way as ever
Then you need to get your old patches back - install banks or patches as you prefer

I'd recommend that each AF2 firmware update typically includes such major updates to amp models that you need 5-10 hours of tweaking your old presets before going live or into a session with the AF2

Then you need to get your old patches back - install banks or patches as you prefer

I'd recommend that each AF2 firmware update typically includes such major updates to amp models that you need 5-10 hours of tweaking your old presets before going live or into a session with the AF2

That's exactly what i do every firmware that comes out. Only this time i just decided to upgrade even while knowing i had a gig the same day lol

I've downgraded, tried trying out my presets that i've backed up from 9.02 but they didn't appear on the axe. Decided to just upgrade to 10 and the presets i've used appeared again. After that, I've done all that you guys said to do, everything worked out great and I actually had to just leave it at firmware 10 but still in the process of tweaking like a mad man! I appreciate you guys for the fast replies especially on a short notice (tonight when i have my gig!)

I've looked around but was only able to find select threads on the effects of downgrading but never HOW TO DOWNGRADE. From my guesses.. its the same process as if i were to upgrade FW? Can someone tell how to do it (backups of Banks and system back ups have been made)?

V10 sounds really muffled for me and gigs are around the corner so i need to downgrade asap and upgrade when i'm finished with the gigs :D

Before rolling back to the previous firmware, you might try turning "MIMIC' off at the bottom of the advanced page of the amp block in each of your patches. Having MIMIC on made my patches sound very dark and muffled. You also might set "Firmware Version" to "9.xx" to get it even closer to your pre-10.00 sound (that's assuming you were on firmware 9 before you upgraded).

EDIT - Sorry if either of these have already been mentioned. For some reason, I didn't think there were any replies to this thread beyond Cliff's on the first page. :roll

Presence will take away that muffled sound FW10 sounds way better. Adjust a few knobs and you should be good to go

I've downgraded, tried trying out my presets that i've backed up from 9.02 but they didn't appear on the axe. Decided to just upgrade to 10 and the presets i've used appeared again. After that, I've done all that you guys said to do, everything worked out great and I actually had to just leave it at firmware 10 but still in the process of tweaking like a mad man! I appreciate you guys for the fast replies especially on a short notice (tonight when i have my gig!)

I'm glad that you've decided to sort it out instead - believe me, it's worth it. v10 is a giant leap forward, but it definitely takes some time to get used to. For instance, I loved my LP and couldn't stand my Tele on v9.02, but on v10 I like my Tele more than my LP - at least for now.

Before rolling back to the previous firmware, you might try turning "MIMIC' off at the bottom of the advanced page of the amp block in each of your patches. Having MIMIC on made my patches sound very dark and muffled. You also might set "Firmware Version" to "9.xx" to get it even closer to your pre-10.00 sound (that's assuming you were on firmware 9 before you upgraded).

EDIT - Sorry if either of these have already been mentioned. For some reason, I didn't think there were any replies to this thread beyond Cliff's on the first page. :roll

I actually missed that part, all i did before was adjust the global EQ and PEQ block inside my patches and they worked for the most part. One thing i can't figure out how to move is the "BRT", "SAT" and the other option in the amp block where the drive/bass/mid/treb knobs are.

I honestly didn't think anyone would help me out either haha up until this point i rarely ask for help since every issue i have or questions someone already has asked and i find the answers quickly for the most part lol

it's certain that you could tweak the patches under v10 to match or exceed your previous sounds
But if your next gigs are imminent, backtracking to the last FW you used could be a wise temporary measure
You need to be sure that you have a backup of your patches under the last firmware you used, if not - this will be really hit and miss

I messed up the day before thinking i would have enough time to tweak (lesson learned!). But like i've said before no matter what i always make backups of everything on my axe via AE. But this time for some reason when i downgraded, my old presets that i've backed up didn't appear on the axe (even restored the system back up file). Oddly enough, When I upgraded again the presets appeared. Had me puzzled for a while.

i'm actually using about.. 5-6 amps in different presets and they sound muffled to me (using power amp and cab for live usage only).

I also experienced this muffled sound last night on a number of presets during a gig, I spent all day tweaking to v10 and then copied my banks with axe edit 1.9 I can only assume something got corrupted.

No amount of eq tweaking would have fixed what I heard coming out of my speakers last night.
Also considering downgrading this today.

One thing i can't figure out how to move is the "BRT", "SAT" and the other option in the amp block where the drive/bass/mid/treb knobs are.

Move? If you mean use those bright fat and saturation things, navigate to the dial above them and press Enter. Dark box means engaged, light means bypassed.

Back
Top Bottom