Downgrading Firmware, how?

sk8te4free7

Inspired
I've looked around but was only able to find select threads on the effects of downgrading but never HOW TO DOWNGRADE. From my guesses.. its the same process as if i were to upgrade FW? Can someone tell how to do it (backups of Banks and system back ups have been made)?

V10 sounds really muffled for me and gigs are around the corner so i need to downgrade asap and upgrade when i'm finished with the gigs :D

Just load the older firmware file. Everything else is the same. May have to "reset" amps etc like with upgrades as you are changing modeling paradigms.

Awesome, thanks for the replies guys. i do feel stupid for not knowing that lol. But what do the "system backups" do in this case... should I send them to the axe the same way or is it necessary?

Another thing i'm noticing is that... when i try to send my old presets from the previous FW nothing appears on my axe... I've loaded those into the axe after upgrading to V10 and had no problem before. What could be the problem?

How can an entire firmware and the best so far sound muffled? All 125 amps and 100+ IRs?

Maybe you are just mainly a one amp or one preset kind of player and your go to amp is harder to dial in now. I can buy that. Not the whole firmware version.

How can an entire firmware and the best so far sound muffled? All 125 amps and 100+ IRs?

Maybe you are just mainly a one amp or one preset kind of player and your go to amp is harder to dial in now. I can buy that. Not the whole firmware version.

i'm actually using about.. 5-6 amps in different presets and they sound muffled to me (using power amp and cab for live usage only).

Any chance you're using Axe-Edit 1.9, as I believe that is only functional for v10.0?

I'm actually using the previous AE but i don't touch anything in the actual screen itself, i just dial everything through the axe only. I only use the previous AE to load presets

Wait a second... Why would you want to downgrade at this point again? I mean even with v10.0, can't you turn off mimic and set the power amp modeling all the way back to v7.0?

What's to gain by going back?

Try raising the depth and presence. And dyn. Presence and depth in the amp block. See if that fixes the muffled tone.

I've looked around but was only able to find select threads on the effects of downgrading but never HOW TO DOWNGRADE. From my guesses.. its the same process as if i were to upgrade FW? Can someone tell how to do it (backups of Banks and system back ups have been made)?

V10 sounds really muffled for me and gigs are around the corner so i need to downgrade asap and upgrade when i'm finished with the gigs :D

you can set it back to FW9, 8 and 7 without changing the actual firmware IIRC. must be somewher ein the global menu.

Wait a second... Why would you want to downgrade at this point again? I mean even with v10.0, can't you turn off mimic and set the power amp modeling all the way back to v7.0?

What's to gain by going back?

That's always off for my live presets, i never have those on unless i'm recording on my laptop

I think it's more than just power amp modeling with that firmware selection. It's amp modeling in general which should affect things with power amp modeling off for his speaker setup.

Whatever gets you the tone for your gig, do it. But definitely consider getting up to 10 sometime.

Try raising the depth and presence. And dyn. Presence and depth in the amp block. See if that fixes the muffled tone.

That's what i'm going to do now, though.. i have done it before but didn't REALLY make a difference for me at the time.

Don't downgrade, I experienced just the same and adjusted the Global EQ. Took me exactly ~30 seconds and now everything sounds amazing :)

Back
Top Bottom