Doubts before acquiring an fm9. Help

All I can tell you is that I've sold all of my other heads, cabs and effects (well almost all) having been a Fractal fan starting with the Ultra which I reluctantly sold. I still have an AX8, FM3+FC-6 and now an FM9 spread on each level of my home so I can play/practice on every floor - whenever the mood hits me. BTW: I've never felt I needed to jump into any of the advanced parameters to get amazing tone from any of these devices - that rabbit hole is just too deep for me and I've been in software development for 38 years.

Hello! I come in search of guidance, please. I am about to acquire an Fm9, I find the subject of modeling and working in my presets fun, but it scares me that the sounds I get are not dynamic, there is no clear separation of the notes, that there is no clear picking and that sounds dark or muddy.
I say it because I saw this review and I found the difference in sound strange, between the fm3 and the boss gt1000.

Last but not least, I have a pedalboard with enough (Timeline, BigSky, H9Max, POG2, Simplifier, Clone Keeley4knob, Clone MorningGlory / Ts9, Whammy, TC Quintessence Harmony), so I would like to know based on your experiences if it is possible to emulate all this in the Fm9 (Particularly the timeline, bigsky, POG2 and H9).I got tired of the cables, the noise and the sucktone.

I'm looking for typical sounds of alternative and jrock / math rock / Shoegaze

Examples. Basically clean with little gain, very metallic and percussive. And in some cases more classic overdrives and distortions. I apologize for so many questions.

I appreciate your responses!

En buen chileno, deja de huevear y cómprate el FM9.
Saludos

Axe FX III MkII Turbo and FM9 owner.
(Went through every Fractal product since Axe FX Ultra).

Selling the last of my multi channel tube amps (Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mark 3) and not looking back. I've owned about every "modeler" (including Kemper) just about over the years, at least the highest end ones. Axe III series products are hands down THE best ones and are THE best source of guitar tones with the least amount of noise and hassle I've ever had in a rig!

I get zero pleasure going back to an analog rig whatsoever, and I was a mega tube amp snob!

Back
Top Bottom