Double Verb (Blackface), Strat & Tube Drive

terrific playing as always.
are you getting very much more from the axe 2? you got great tones from the ultra.

Thanks gentlemen for the kind words!

I'll attach the patch - hope the patch works - I'm still struggling a bit with Axe Edit & my Midi/USB connection,
I'm able to do firmware updates & save banks with sysex librarian (USB direct or wit the Midisport),
but I don't get any IRs sent to the AxeII IR user slots, neither with sysex librarian nor with
Axe Edit - don't know what I'm doing wrong.... (There are some Acoustc IRs I'd like to use with my
dreadnought when playing live...)

The cab & mike in this patch (in all my patches) is the 4 x 12 V30 and the Royer 121. Love 'em! 8)

The drive mix was at 100% while recording, I just used my guitars vol. poti for changes in drive....

Andreas

Attachments

• Blackface Lead S andi-o.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 133
Thanks!

I've become a fan of the Tube Drive lately, with clean and vintage tones.
Mix at 50% or so, to blend with the dry tone.

Last edited:
Andreas, very nice tone and playing as always!

thanks for sharing the patch

terrific playing as always.
are you getting very much more from the axe 2? you got great tones from the ultra.

Good question. Yes, you get some more from the II. You have to decide for yourself how much is "much more"...

I felt very comfortable with my Standard and my Ultra (and used identical patches on them), but I can say there's
is more organic feel to the tone in the II, you have a very, very improve gain range in every amp model, and you
can get "your" tone very fast! I was a bit afraid since the Cornford sim changed with the II, and this was one of
my favorite Strat patches with Standard and Ultra, but the new one in the Axe II is able to put a cherry on top
of the cream (where the Standard and Ultra were able to deliver "cream only" to put it that way... 8) ) - and the
same thing is true with any other amp sim in the II.

Andreas

Wow... thanks fellows for listening and your kind comments! Hope the patch works for you!

Andreas

Back
Top Bottom