Dormant block in parallel makes it sound different...

Seems I only have to set it to Mute Out to get the effect of it not being there.
You're right.

The reason people recommend setting the mix to 100 percent when you're running in parallel: then you can just use the effect's Level parameter to blend in the amount of effect you want. If Mix is less than 100 percent, then you're adding in more dry signal when it's not bypassed. That can make it tough to control both the mix and the overall level.

Strange, in my case it makes snoozing and snoring sounds...

dormant.jpg

@Sebastian: cuute.

You're right.

The reason people recommend setting the mix to 100 percent when you're running in parallel: then you can just use the effect's Level parameter to blend in the amount of effect you want. If Mix is less than 100 percent, then you're adding in more dry signal when it's not bypassed. That can make it tough to control both the mix and the overall level.

Following Mark Day's example, I've been setting the mix low, then tailoring with the level. This seems to have more effect on the overall sound, but also gives less ambience, sort of separating the tone and the effect - but also allowing a nice room-ness. Mix at max makes it generally wetter.

Following Mark Day's example, I've been setting the mix low, then tailoring with the level. This seems to have more effect on the overall sound, but also gives less ambience, sort of separating the tone and the effect - but also allowing a nice room-ness. Mix at max makes it generally wetter.
I haven't noticed a difference in ambience or tone separation (not sure what tone separation is). The Mix control just manipulates the effect's internal parallel path; it works the same when you run the effect itself in a parallel path. But if it works for you, run with it.

I didn't see that Mark's doing that. Can you point me to the post? I tried searching, but no luck.

This is weeird. If I put a parallel shunt, it's kind of deader. If I put in a filter (deactivated of course), it's in-between that and using a chorus block. I swear these sound different.

Also, no matter what kind of eq-ing and stuff I do, I cannot get close to the same sound as with the parallel chorus block. There's just this fatness to it.

But listening back to it, I think without sounds cleaner.

They both sound totally the same to me.

They both sound totally the same to me.
I have to agree. I'm not hearing a difference. It would be interesting to have a friend play sections of each recording for you, but not tell you which is which...you have to tell him. :)

@Rex: I kyped the reverb and delay from Mark Day's older patches, and his settings were that way. Anyways, if you folks don't hear a difference then I'm not really worried about it.

@Sebastian: what typo?

Back
Top Bottom