Dont know how to use downloaded presets

Hey guys,

Im new to Axe Fx and everything FAS, And ive heard some killer tones, that are downloadable, but when i donwload them, i am unable to use them.

For example, i downloaded the "Akerlund Metal" tone of Axe change, and i ran it through axe edit, but i got no response from my monitors.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!?!?

check the cab block, might have user cab IR which you dont have, change to a default Cab ir and you get it rocking, but not with same sound as you dont have the posters original cab ir

if the cab block isn't the problem, explain what you mean by "ran it through axe edit" - step by step

-I downloaded the syx file
- Opened "Axe Manage" on Axe edit
- Placed the syx in my presets folder
- Preset loads
- No sound is made.

try this route instead...

open axe edit
select "axe fx" from the "source" dropdown
select "load from preset file" from the "recall" dropdown

when you selected "axe fx" from the "source" dropdown, were you able to play through the presets on the axe fx?

edit: just saw your reply above

Hmmm... Dude I remember downloading that same patch at some point but I can't remember what I did to make it work for me. Have you pushed the I/O button on the Axe to see which setting you are on... USB, analog, etc...?

Take your time with the unit and documentation. Im certainly not a tech wizard neither, but (for me anyway) its more educational for myself to learn it in my own speed with the unit and documentation together. If fails... I call on help, sometimes its something trivial I missed, sometimes I could never have figured it out myself.

Oh, and dont forget to play ;) rock on!!

Time out... I remember now. I downloaded the patch when I had version 7 something and it didn't work until I had version 8. That has to be it dude

Im off to bed, ill download firmware 8 tomorrow, i gotta make sure im careful with that. i dont wanna screw the axe fx up. so lots of reading. cheers for the help guys :)

What firmware version do you have? To find out... press the Utility button on the Axe and select the Firmware tab. It has to be at least version 8 for that particular patch to work brother

Back
Top Bottom