Done deal. Thank you

gbsmusic

Inspired
I just can't quit watching these videos and listening to how good this thing sounds. I just ordered one, I'm looking for a good set of powered monitors or frfr cabs that have good volume but also affordable and reliable. Thank you for any opinions. Greg

Last edited:
Along with the monitors, get the Masters Class with Cooper Carter. The content is a wealth of knowledge that will help you properly dial in your monitors, as well as a ton of info on the FM3. The monitors I have, (EVZLX12p) I bought when I purchased the UA Ox Box, which I recently sold. I just finished watching the last of the videos in the Master Class and will go back and dial in my EVZLX12's for the "amp in the room" and well as live settings.

Just bought a pair of Focal Alpha 65's, would highly recommend them. Had a pair of Adam T7V's and returned after a couple of days.

Thank you for the info guys I've been trying to read as much as I can. On an old thread I read that with the FRFR cabs guys seem to prefer a 10" speaker over a 12. Is this still the case?

I'm a big advocate for a pair of used Atomic CLR's. They're FRFR, has a mode switch for wedge, PA on a pole, or back line, sound really good at studio/bedroom levels and can do double duty for stage and the room.

I have read nothing but good things about them but even used I hate to pay that much I'm actually considering the Headrush 8's the reviews are great on this forum and from the music stores any pros or cons? The 12's are also priced good and they also have great reviews.

I have read nothing but good things about them but even used I hate to pay that much I'm actually considering the Headrush 8's the reviews are great on this forum and from the music stores any pros or cons? The 12's are also priced good and they also have great reviews.
I have a few FRFR-108s and they are fantastic. They are clean and sound good from mild to wild. I also enjoy taking them outside in the summer when the gypsy neighbors crank their gypsy music. Nothing like some 6:00 by Dream Theater to get them to turn their 'music' off.

Now that is funny thank you for the info I think they might be perfect for me
:D. My ONLY beef with them is the location of the Inputs, when laying on its side for 'monitor' position. Certain xlr connectors are longer, and your cable will be bent right at the connector (probably nothing bad, but bent cables can never be good), so I fabricated a piece of wood that each speaker sits on when in the monitor position.

I've made up my mind I'm going to go with the Headrush I'm just deciding on the 108 or 112 this will be my 1st stereo rig and I'm only playing at home so I think the 108 is going to fit me just fine. My head says to go with the 112 because speaker cabinets always have 12" speakers but I think the 108 is going to have more than enough volume.

I've made up my mind I'm going to go with the Headrush I'm just deciding on the 108 or 112 this will be my 1st stereo rig and I'm only playing at home so I think the 108 is going to fit me just fine. My head says to go with the 112 because speaker cabinets always have 12" speakers but I think the 108 is going to have more than enough volume.
The 8s will be better suited for the home for sure. I have a 112 and I prefer my 8" Mackie monitors. I also have three 4x12s and I prefer the Mackies at home.

I use 2 FRFR 112 headrush cabs in stereo and they sound fantastic. Great for home and playing live. I would imagine the 108's sound just as good. Enjoy!

Thank you for the info guys I've been trying to read as much as I can. On an old thread I read that with the FRFR cabs guys seem to prefer a 10" speaker over a 12. Is this still the case?
Never seen or heard that, definitely prefer 12's on my end.

I will do that I will probably have a little bit of a learning curve setting these up and dialing them in. Technology and reading instructions has really never been my friend. I'm still on the fence on which one I'm going to go with I talked to a guy at sweetwater and of course he said to get the 12s which would be $200 more go figure. I'm fine with that I just want whatever is gonna sound best. Thanks again for all the input and info everyone!

Back
Top Bottom