Done deal. Thank you

Yes the contour switch was off. I contacted Sweetwater and they are going to cover the return shipping charges which is great. I am now trying to decide HS8s or giving the 108 Headrush a try. I read about the 112 being bassy and boomy but I thought the 112s would be better. You live and learn. Being new to this with so many options does not help much. I do continue to thank you for your opinions and advice.
@gbsmusic, I found my FRFR12 sounded much better standing up than laying down. I'm sure putting them on a pole would make a change in the sound too. Before you send them back try them every way you can if you haven't already.

@gbsmusic, make sure the contour switch on those headrushes are off. Mine are too boomy with it on. I also have mine elevated about 1 foot off the ground. Mine are also xlr connected with the volume at about 5 on the speakers, output on the fm3 is at about 3:00. Volume to taste for your situation and set up.
I used that contour switch once when the gypsy neighbors were blasting their garbage 'music'. The police the next town over could hear them and came over to visit. After a Palinka (Hungarian moonshine) they went to the neighbors and told them to turn their crap off (in Hungarian, of course) 🤣

The more I use the Focal Alphas, the more I love them! Just had my wife down to listen to a song and cranked them up a bit; no harshness, just great detail! I would seriously recommend them over the HS8, my wife agreed - she's my fresh set of ears when mixing. The HS8 was very harsh in the high end- ear fatigue - non of that present with the Focals.

@gbsmusic, I found my FRFR12 sounded much better standing up than laying down. I'm sure putting them on a pole would make a change in the sound too. Before you send them back try them every way you can if you haven't already.
Actually that's how I have them because of my space in the living room. I only play at home. Just someone that likes to play guitar on my free time

I used that contour switch once when the gypsy neighbors were blasting their garbage 'music'. The police the next town over could hear them and came over to visit. After a Palinka (Hungarian moonshine) they went to the neighbors and told them to turn their crap off (in Hungarian, of course) 🤣
I'm getting the hint that you don't like your neighbours much lol

Back
Top Bottom