Does the AX8 have an audio gap?

May I ask how you use scene controllers to vary the amp gain?

If you keep the same amp can you have different settings on it for all 8 scenes?

this is where I learnt:

yes, you can have different settings across all scenes

You don't need 4 amps. Like the above poster mentioned, he has an H&K that is 4 channels with seamless switching. My JVM410HJS was also 4 channels and switching was instant. So with a 4 channel amp you can have clean, crunch, crunchier, and crunchiest, all with seamless switching. Don't get me wrong, I'm mostly happy with the AX8, seamless switching would be the cats ass though.

Isn't that more like using scene controllers to vary gain in the AX8 though? That is available and seemless, however it would be even more useful if the amp EQ and switches were also allowed to be controlled.

In Axe Edit right click on the amp gain knob modifier symbol, select Scene 1, then go to the controller page, select scene controllers, setup the corresponding value for each scene on the scene 1 controller. It goes from 0 .. 100% which maps to 0..10 for the amp gain setting.

No, only certain parameters can be controlled by modifers (e.g. scene controllers), B/M/T cannot. But you could add EQ blocks before and/or after the amp block to complete the EQ duties.

Isn't that more like using scene controllers to vary gain in the AX8 though? That is available and seemless, however it would be even more useful if the amp EQ and switches were also allowed to be controlled.

Not really. The HJS is a 4 channel amp with 4 separate EQ controls. I can't get 4 stages of gain from clean to mean using 1 amp and scenes. Like you said and I alluded to, as I vary the gain I also find myself altering the tone stack values. I wonder how much CPU would be used to allow bass, mid and treble to be controlled. I'm sure there are ways around this, as some guys have mentioned, I just don't have the patience to work it out.

Back
Top Bottom