Does Fractal have anti thump technology at the main outputs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FM3 pops too and nice that FXIII has this circuit. And it seems the FM9 too ?!
With my FM9 I didn't noticed that, because I got it for 3 days and regardless of used hardware I always switch on preamp at first and then power amp.
Mixer first, then PA power-amp
Fractal first, then monitors, FRFR, poweramp with cab.
In addition my poweramp at rehearsal room has a mute switch, that is activated until I've booted up all other things or at breaks.
That's a habit automated over the years, so I didn't notice if some hardware may have such a mute circuit.

Is there any written proof that only the FX 3 has this cricuitry?

I mean even the Scarlett 18i8 a $369 interface has this

I have never had issues with popping, simply because I’m aware of the order of operations.

Turn on your axe fx, then turn on your interface, then speakers - opposite order to shut down.

this may be harsh, but it’s the truth - anti thump tech is simply to protect the stupid - quit being stupid and go practice.

Maybe the real question is whether the circuitry is supposed to 100% eliminate any pop at all or just reduce it to the point of where it won't cause damage... any pop I've heard pales in comparison to some of the noises coming out of my guitar.

Arent you the guy from jemsite? 😅

No, that’s me. I’ve seen your absurd posts for the last two years at Jemsite and TGP, both your TGP accounts. PIA’s are tacky becuase Vai named them after his wife, all guitar techs are stupid, Ibanez is forcing people to buy PIA’s because there’s no MIJ JEM currently, PIA’s are for women, Tim Henson gets a custom shop version while the general public gets a “shitty” $600 version, the AxeFX is too expensive, studio desks are cheaply made and too expensive, lunchbox amps are too expensive and don’t sound as good as plug-ins, guitar lessons are too expensive, Floyd Roses are too hard to set up, a tech is a meanie head because you couldn’t tell him how you wanted your guitar set up, guitar smells so bad you had to sell it, if Steve Vai doesn’t use/need it, it’s a gimmick, this is all crap I remember off the top of my head.

I’m not sure you’ve ever made a single post about something positive, or educated in the context of guitars/gear. You come up with wild assumptions that have zero basis in reality and then double down on them when someone provides you evidence of the contrary. When people have tried to help you, you outright refuse to take any of the advice and argue against them, quite clearly indicating you’re looking for someone to confirm your biases.

Good luck with all of that.

No, that’s me. I’ve seen your absurd posts for the last two years at Jemsite and TGP, both your TGP accounts. PIA’s are tacky becuase Vai named them after his wife, all guitar techs are stupid, Ibanez is forcing people to buy PIA’s because there’s no MIJ JEM currently, PIA’s are for women, Tim Henson gets a custom shop version while the general public gets a “shitty” $600 version, the AxeFX is too expensive, studio desks are cheaply made and too expensive, lunchbox amps are too expensive and don’t sound as good as plug-ins, guitar lessons are too expensive, Floyd Roses are too hard to set up, a tech is a meanie head because you couldn’t tell him how you wanted your guitar set up, guitar smells so bad you had to sell it, if Steve Vai doesn’t use/need it, it’s a gimmick, this is all crap I remember off the top of my head.

I’m not sure you’ve ever made a single post about something positive, or educated in the context of guitars/gear. You come up with wild assumptions that have zero basis in reality and then double down on them when someone provides you evidence of the contrary. When people have tried to help you, you outright refuse to take any of the advice and argue against them, quite clearly indicating you’re looking for someone to confirm your biases.

Good luck with all of that.

I don’t even know who you are. Good luck.

If you like to leave your speakers powered ON all the time for “convenience” (relying on “auto-mute” or on the upstream equipment to not “pop”) you might enjoy a little test we perform on our large systems — we call it the “Bang-Bang Test”: have everything in the system turned on, then go to the main panel breaker and switch it off/on as quickly as you can.

Two things usually happen: we find out how the system will react/recover during weather/electrical “events”, and we find out how much it costs to recone/re-diaphragm the speaker components.

Friends don’t let friends blow up their speakers — turn ‘em off if you’re not using them. It’s the right thing to do.

I have headrush 1-12’s plugged into output 1. No noise when powering up or in powering the af3.

I do have to lower the volume on my rme baby face pro fs though that the axe connects to through spdif. The loss of clock causes static noise when the axe is off.

My speakers still pop when shutting down or restarting my PC even tho they have this bs anti thump technology, apparently is the USB the issue

when PC powers and connects to the USB, makes the speakers pop

There has to be a way to avoid these annoying pops without having to stand up to turn off speakers first every damn time

Maybe I need a new PC

If you like to leave your speakers powered ON all the time for “convenience” (relying on “auto-mute” or on the upstream equipment to not “pop”) you might enjoy a little test we perform on our large systems — we call it the “Bang-Bang Test”: have everything in the system turned on, then go to the main panel breaker and switch it off/on as quickly as you can.

Two things usually happen: we find out how the system will react/recover during weather/electrical “events”, and we find out how much it costs to recone/re-diaphragm the speaker components.

Friends don’t let friends blow up their speakers — turn ‘em off if you’re not using them. It’s the right thing to do.

these "events" can happen just when the speakers are on and you're using them as well so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom