• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Does Axe-Edit Not Work (Properly) With Mac OS?

webmaestro

New here
I recently switched from PC to Mac. So, for the past 5 years I've used my Axe-Fx II (Mark 2) and Axe-Edit on a PC with no issues. Axe-Edit has always been snappy and responsive to any kind of mouse input (turning blocks on/off, turning knobs, etc).

My experience with Axe-Edit on my new 2019 iMac (i9 processor) is a totally different stroy--and it's not good. It's extremely slow, and there is this weird jerkyness and a lag whenever I attempt to do anything mentioned above (turning blocks on/off, turning knobs, etc) with my mouse. It's borderline unusable.

Is this just a "thing" with the Axe-Edit and Macs? A known issue perhaps?

Would love to hear from the other Mac users out there.

MikeyB59

Forum Addict
Don’t know if it’s related, but I heard something about USB 2 being weird in some newer Macs. I run an i9 MBP with my Axe Fx III and Axe edit is ok with usb c dongle to usb. I read someone suggesting using a thunderbolt dock with usb 2 to avoid issue, but again, I have no idea if this is relevant as mine’s working fine.

jarabuandi

Veteran
I recently switched from PC to Mac. So, for the past 5 years I've used my Axe-Fx II (Mark 2) and Axe-Edit on a PC with no issues. Axe-Edit has always been snappy and responsive to any kind of mouse input (turning blocks on/off, turning knobs, etc).

My experience with Axe-Edit on my new 2019 iMac (i9 processor) is a totally different stroy--and it's not good. It's extremely slow, and there is this weird jerkyness and a lag whenever I attempt to do anything mentioned above (turning blocks on/off, turning knobs, etc) with my mouse. It's borderline unusable.

No issue her either. Been using the Axe-Fx 2 first with a Macbook Pro and now with and iMac w/o this type of issues.

webmaestro

New here
Great, thanks for the replies. I'll start looking into other possibilities. I have a ticket in to Fractal support too. I may just try completely uninstalling and reinstalling Axe-Edit.

slash07

Inspired

I too recently switched from PC to MAC, running Mojave on a Mid 2012 Macbook Pro, with 16Gb RAM and a 1TB SSD. I had done a fresh install of the OS and have the latest drivers and AxeEdit installed.
I face the exact thing you have mentioned, clueless at this point..I must mention that My Macbook is quite fast when using other applications, I see this issue only when using Axe Edit.
Did you get any resolution on this yet?

Top Bottom