Does anyone have 'strange' IRs ?

VegaBaby

Fractal Fanatic
By strange I mean Mini Marshall, Walkie Talkies, Baby Phones, Telephone, Intercom. You get the idea. Possibly in correct Axe format already ?

Thanks !

VegaBaby said:
By strange I mean Mini Marshall, Walkie Talkies, Baby Phones, Telephone, Intercom. You get the idea. Possibly in correct Axe format already ?

Thanks !

somebody posted a telephone and small speaker a while back. I had them in an IR, but need the space so I jusst use eq for that now. But I think I have the IRs somewhere.

javajunkie said:
somebody posted a telephone and small speaker a while back. I had them in an IR, but need the space so I jusst use eq for that now. But I think I have the IRs somewhere.

I've got those two (they are on the Axechange), and one of them is in constant use here (GREAT for ambient tones), just can't remember which one it is since you can't name them inside the Axe... That got me thinking if anyone did any more...Anyone who's heard the plugin Speakerphone probably knows what fun they can be :twisted: !

Search the axechange.net for a username mikola200.. I posted 2 of them a while back, already converted into AFX format. For more examples google the web and get the AlbertA conversion utility to convert the wave impulses into the appropriate AFX format. (That is what I did when I was looking before).

Mik.

VegaBaby said:

Thanks !

mik's above-mentioned ones are the only ones I've heard of being used around these forums.
Pick up AlbertA's IR converter though, dig some out of Google as mentioned, and let us know what ya find! ;)

I'd like to do the same, but am overwhelmingly busy with other things right now (have only gotten to play my guitar twice in the past two weeks!) and still gotta try the 1024s first.

Strange acoustic spaces would probably be interesting... inside of a barrel, tin can, etc... I'd probably just start digging up whatever system audio files I have on my computer... Windows startup sound, that annoying "ERROR!" beep, and find out what bits and pieces of those sound like when turned into cabs.

godprobe said:
mik's above-mentioned ones are the only ones I've heard of being used around these forums.
Pick up AlbertA's IR converter though, dig some out of Google as mentioned, and let us know what ya find! ;)

I'd like to do the same, but am overwhelmingly busy with other things right now (have only gotten to play my guitar twice in the past two weeks!) and still gotta try the 1024s first.

Strange acoustic spaces would probably be interesting... inside of a barrel, tin can, etc... I'd probably just start digging up whatever system audio files I have on my computer... Windows startup sound, that annoying "ERROR!" beep, and find out what bits and pieces of those sound like when turned into cabs.

Many of those impulse are way too long to be effectively used in the axe-fx.

javajunkie said:
Many of those impulse are way too long to be effectively used in the axe-fx.

That's probably true...

I'll see what I can find on the web and try the converter program as soon as my schedule clears a bit...

Q for J Mitchell!

:idea:

Dear Jay :roll:

I read you made your IR as dry as possible... minimal sound of the cab, max cone sound quality. I wonder if it make sense to have an IR that is only the cab filtering (I guess if it is possible to make 2 IR same cone different cabs, then subtract first from second), and link them to your IRs... so we could select different speaker's with different cabs...

It make any sense or it is only bullshit? :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom