Does anyone else get a crackling sound out of their FRFR?

So do you only here it with the CLRs that you haven't been liking?

I was wondering the same thing but thought your OP meant you hearing with FRFR and (different) studio monitors.
just tested my m audio monitors...it's there too...

I have to completely back down the input trim to get rid of it which leaves me with a clean sound.

Just loaded up Fractal factory presets and it does it with them too...even clean tones. CLR and studio monitors...can't be both sets of speakers

Yes, but I can't dial it out by lowering the parameters that were suggested. No matter how low I take them down, it really doesn't change the crackling.

With the exception of Input Trim, which you said took the crackling out when turned all the way down.

How about trying different guitars and different cables (just throwing stuff out there for the troubleshooting process)?

I hear a sound like this when I'm pushing my old cheap Tapco mixer too hard. It has level and clipping indicator LEDs, but those are not lit, i just need to back off a little on the mixer gain/input/output or AX8 output and it goes away.

With the exception of Input Trim, which you said took the crackling out when turned all the way down.

How about trying different guitars and different cables (just throwing stuff out there for the troubleshooting process)?

I've tried a Les Paul, strat and ESP. Same with all. Tried wireless and 2 different cables as well as different xlr cables. I'm going to try headphones through my interface next to see if I hear it in there.

I hear a sound like this when I'm pushing my old cheap Tapco mixer too hard. It has level and clipping indicator LEDs, but those are not lit, i just need to back off a little on the mixer gain/input/output or AX8 output and it goes away.

Except it doesn't go away no matter what I turn down or up. Very strange.

If it happens no matter what modeler you're using, and no matter what FRFR speaker you're using, then rule those two elements out and concentrate on the things that remain constant between the two. Very likely, it is the guitar, cabling, electricity issue, or you (the player).

If it happens no matter what modeler you're using, and no matter what FRFR speaker you're using, then rule those two elements out and concentrate on the things that remain constant between the two. Very likely, it is the guitar, cabling, electricity issue, or you (the player).

It's not the player as I've had friends play through it. I've heard it at home and at various venues so it's not the electricity, it's not the cables as I've tried more than a few, as well as 2 different wireless systems...tried 3 types of guitars and it's the same on all.

I just set up a new preset with nothing but shunts...so totally clean. It's not there no matter how loud I get. Totally clean and good.

I added a cab...actually a few different cabs. Not there.

Added an amp...and there it is. I tried the prince tone first...at clean setting, it wasn't bad at all. Add any amount of gain or volume/master to it and it goes right to what I hear no matter what preset I try. Mess with the power and preamp hardness and that has NO effect whatsoever on it. Does not change it.

Well, then, isn't it reasonable for you to conclude that this is just the way it sounds, and it sounds bad? A strong reason to advocate for traditional tube amp rigs, I'd surmise.

Well, then, isn't it reasonable for you to conclude that this is just the way it sounds, and it sounds bad? A strong reason to advocate for traditional tube amp rigs, I'd surmise.

I'm being told it's a number of different things...so I'm trying to nail it down. Fractal told me it's tube crackle, my studio friend said it sounds like the horn, but he only heard through the CLR. Others hear it too. It's not a be all/end all situation. I just like knowing what I'm dealing with and always look for ways to improve things.

If you own an Amplifire and a CLR, you sound like a perfect candidate to contact Tom King at Atomic, and further, if you're anywhere near Connecticut, try to arrange a face-to-face demo of the problem at their facility. If he'll indulge you, it can't get any better than that. Certainly better than everyone shooting from the hip on this forum.

If you own an Amplifire and a CLR, you sound like a perfect candidate to contact Tom King at Atomic, and further, if you're anywhere near Connecticut, try to arrange a face-to-face demo of the problem at their facility. If he'll indulge you, it can't get any better than that. Certainly better than everyone shooting from the hip on this forum.

I've contacted Tom about it and sent video. He thought it was something in THEIR firmware. Tom and I have talked on the phone more than a few times. I just sent the video to Jay Mitchell to see what his opinion is.

Do you get this noise when you run through the AX8 in global bypass? If no, then have you deconstructed your presets from scratch, making sure that with every block that is added, you are keeping the volume block's level somewhere near that of the global bypass state?

Back
Top Bottom