Does anybody else get screeching and glitches screens with the Axe FX II?

Spaceboy

Inspired
On rare occasions the Axe FX has emitted some sort of digital white noise and had the display either go completely green without any pixels, had every pixel fill in, or some sort of jumbled combination. It's a different kind of sound and display malfunction every single time. This has happened very rarely, maybe a half dozen times since I received the product last fall, so I've always assumed it was some random glitch or misuse and not really consulted FAS (there was one email FAS never responded too). It happened again yesterday, and I'm wondering if anybody else has had this happen. It doesn't seem to be any permanent damages, because I'm always able to restart the Axe FX II and everything goes back to normal. There's white noise, a garbled display, then everything is peachy upon restart. The Axe FX II sits in a rack plugged in via USB and to some studio monitor. It's no longer being used with "live" guitar rigs, but I couldn't imagine something like this happening in the middle of a gig for someone else.

It is either a bug, bad preset, or there is something wrong with your unit. It should not do that.

Every time I have had it happen it was generally a bug that caused a freeze like that (pretty much always in beta testing)

FWIW It happened to me once .. yesterday, but I believe it was a Axe Edit freezing issue . Never happened without axe edit.

Happened once at startup - "Axe FX has emitted some sort of digital white noise and had the display either go completely green without any pixels"
After restart it has returned to normal functioning.

FW 6.0

It's happened to me on multiple firmwares. It seems to only happen if the Axe FX has been on for awhile, but I haven't noticed if it's only with Axe Edit or not. It's been so infrequent that I've not thought about it too much, or noticed any similarities.

I've had it happen a few times, but never when I wasn't plugged in via USB. Live, it's never happened to me.

This just happened for me today for the first time. Screen went green & white noise. I'm also on FW 6.0. I wasn't using USB connection or Axe Edit. Everything was normal after restarting.

Back
Top Bottom