Doable? Split stereo FX loop into two mono loops

psst

Inspired
I don't think it's implemented (I'm asking here just in case) but instead of one stereo FX Loop I need two FX loops (using one of the physical sends each). One send (I could use left output, for example) to feed my rotating speakers (they don't need a return, since they are physical speakers), and another send (right, for example), to feed the rest of my outboard effects (this would need left and right return, since some of my effects are stereo).

AFAIK, I don't think it's doable right now, so I throw the idea here:

FX Loop: if you choose a normal total stereo loop, you only have one. But if you choose a "one channel send" loop, you can have another Loop. Same for returns, if you use both with one of the loops, you can't use returns in the other loop, if you choose one, you have one for each.
That would open the possibilities even more, at least for me, but I'm sure for others too.

This is my current setup, maybe easier to understand with a picture:

doppola-3.jpg

Axe with dynacord rack unit (only need one "send" for this), returning to stereo. I put it in different places of the chain depending on the preset.
Also, the other send feeding a power amp connected to both rotating speakers (no return here, speakers are miked and sent to the mixer board).
Axe's normal outputs (left and right) go to the mixer board, meaning four guitar tracks.

psst said:
Axe with dynacord rack unit (only need one "send" for this), returning to stereo. I put it in different places of the chain depending on the preset.
Also, the other send feeding a power amp connected to both rotating speakers (no return here, speakers are miked and sent to the mixer board).
Axe's normal outputs (left and right) go to the mixer board, meaning four guitar tracks.

Where in the chain is the rotating speak output?

psst said:
Right after the amp, before speaker emulation

What you could do (I'm thinking this through in my head as I type) is split the signal to another row where you want to send to your outboard fx, place a volume block (or some other pannable block), hard pan it to the left, place the effects block, loop the outboard out ouput 2 L and back in input 2 L and right. reconnect the fxloop block to the signal chain.

For the speakers, place a send block where you want it the signal tapped from
then 2 blocks in front of the fx loop block, on the same row, place a return block, followed by a volume (or other pannable block) hard panned right.
Connect that block to the fx loop block.

That might work, but I have fully thought out the consequences.

Mmm!
Not bad at all.
I could control "both" FX Loops assigning each of the volume pedals to my pedalboard switches, so I can enable/disable them separately.
I'll try and think about the "consequences" too. ;)

Thank you for the ideas.

By the way, do you happen to know why there are four gain and pan controls in the send section of the FX Loop?

psst said:
Mmm!
Not bad at all.
I could control "both" FX Loops assigning each of the volume pedals to my pedalboard switches, so I can enable/disable them separately.
I'll try and think about the "consequences" too. ;)

Thank you for the ideas.

By the way, do you happen to know why there are four gain and pan controls in the send section of the FX Loop?

For the same reason you have them in the layout mixer, so if you connect multiple rows you can mix each rows levels/pan before it is sent out to output2.

Back
Top Bottom