Do You Use the Enhancer Block?

dannyp64

Is anyone using the Enhancer Block live or in the studio, or both?

Can anyone share their pros and cons? I go back and forth if I want to use it. Then I also wonder if it works for mono and stereo…

Live: always on for stereo width in the IEMs. Classic mode, about 60%. Combined with slightly different amps + cabs hard panned L/R and stereo wet fx.
Recording: Never. If I want width for a single part I double track it.

The only con is classic mode is not mono compatible but my signal is never summed to mono so it’s a non-issue for me. Panning in other IEM mixes happens via “balance” i.e. bringing one side down a bit.

It is a Stereo Enhancer. I don't think it makes sense to use it in mono. It is Mono compatible, though, so no problem if you sum the signals
1709872030630.png

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Enhancer_block

I use it very often, both live and on recordings.

Hello @dannyp64 ;

I like to use the Enhancer block after filter and EQ blocks running in a parallel row.
It's a nice way to accentuate the shaping of your tone.

What is the purpose of running it in parallel? I understand that it is a series effect, and you control the intensity with the Depth parameter

When I use it I prefer the Steroizer mode.

I like it in IEMS but not as much with my FRFRs.

I haven't tried it with a big PA...

It sound like Classic is the “classic” left side delays by mm’s to give the feel of space and spread. That actually helps me understand what it actually is. Thanks everyone!!

It depends on the preset.
I do use the enhancer block for solos.
But in most preset I do have a subtile chorus and/or a pitch block which does sound better (to my ears) for mimic a second guitarist or to let your guitar sound wider.

I use mine a fair amount.
I'm the only guitarist in my band and kick it in during chorus's when I want to fill the sound out

I tried it a while ago on some clean presets. I thought it dulled the sound… but I also run my sounds mono. When recording, I often double track rhythm parts (with a slightly different tone and then pan the tracks hard left and right. That sounds better to me. YMMV

I've been using it live for years in my 3 piece band. I turned it off at the last 5 piece band gig and I "think" it cut a little better. I use it in the modern setting.

Back
Top Bottom