Do you take a lap top to the gig?

jzgtrguy said:
HI,

Anyone take a lap top to the gig with there AXE?
If so what are you using?
Anyone using an Ipad?

I take a laptop with me, but only to do wireless remote control of the FOH mixer.

My friend's band uses a macbook at gigs to create setlists while on breaks. That way they can feel out the room during the first set, create a new list for the second set and all be on the same page right away.

My band currently doesn't bring a laptop, but I think we're going to start playing to a click live. We use a laptop at practice for this, but I think we're just going to setup the show in 15 min blocks (tracks) and rip them to an ipod. I absolutely love playing to a click in practice. Getting 5 guys to be super-tight is damn near impossible otherwise.

I've thought about it only because I'm absolutely unable to edit using the display on the Axe unit. I create all my patches at home with the Axe Edit instead.

devbro said:
I've thought about it only because I'm absolutely unable to edit using the display on the Axe unit. I create all my patches at home with the Axe Edit instead.
While not 100% like you, I'm a computer guy who really likes the AxeEdit interrface, and am experienced enough to avoid many of the bugs, issues, etc reported by others. It works well for me. However, being a minimalist, I ensure that my patches are "tweaked" at home and rehearsals, so I seldom adjust during a gig. Lets me focus on playing. So no, no laptop at gigs [yet!].

I bring a laptop just because I always have it with me anyway. I don't ever use it for AXE stuff though... I do all that from the front panel anyway.

I do use it to edit my FX1 for setlist order. Usually that's done before arriving at the venue.... but I have connected it a couple times to make some changes during soundcheck.

The laptop currently has no place during our live show.

Back
Top Bottom