Do you still need 4x12 cabinets onstage??- Rosanna (TOTO) final guitar solo

Tip for FRFR using:
due to the physical acoustic law, the sound diffusion changes dramatically by the ambient.
FRFR speakers on the floor means more bass and less treble
The opposite if the cabinet is lifted.
This should be nothing new! It is the same behavior of guitar cabinet.
In that case DON'T touch you sound!!!!
Use the Global EQ assigned to the speakers!!!
On FM3 you can use OUT1 to the FOH and OUT2 to connect the Elis8 or MF10: use OUT2 global EQ Only!!!
Ask to the sound engineer how is your sound and have a look on the mixer EQ.
Take care of this settings, ask to the sound engineer why he tweak your sound.
The goal is your sound doesn't need any EQ modification.

Hey J, seen you rip on the Journey stuff very well on vids . Bouncing from CLR's to 4x 12 w EVM's lately. Learning lessons and a never ending quest for nirvana for bigger live shows, Fractal is a dependable and reproduceable tool. Keep rockin brother!! If you decide on FRFR, CLR are the best IMO. I will still use them, and buying another pair when Tom says avail!!! I cant quite afford or justify Meyer.. someday!!
I take your advice as solid and legit. I heard your setup with those CLRs with Eclipse back in the day. Your tone was just stupid good. I think you were playing those old guild guitars with khaler trems. A++ I went with the Elis 8s, mostly for the size. They sound real good, but these days I have gone full in ears, unless the sound guy doesn't have the control my own mix from my ipad app. haha

The issue is you have to spend a bit of money. The cheaper they are, generally, the worse they get.
I agree in general. I think the FR-12s are somewhat of an exception as they're less expensive than some but I like them best out of the ones I've tried. They're not exactly "budget" though.

Back
Top Bottom