Do you need to "Update Presets" anymore?

I think if that step was required it would have been in the release notes. I don't remember seeing it there. You may want to double check.

Don't need to update presets, though you might want to rework them. FW 11 is a big improvement.

I'm pretty sure you need to apply the update to the presets.

Somehow I wiped out my original reply. The short of it is that if I remember right the only time you need to update presets is when the "internal format" of the preset changes. That is something Cliff maintains and I only remember running that update once either between 4.x and 5.x or 5.x and 6.x. Other than that one time I have never run that update and I've gone through all the firmware updates from 3.x to 11.0

Somehow I wiped out my original reply. The short of it is that if I remember right the only time you need to update presets is when the "internal format" of the preset changes. That is something Cliff maintains and I only remember running that update once either between 4.x and 5.x or 5.x and 6.x. Other than that one time I have never run that update and I've gone through all the firmware updates from 3.x to 11.0

You only need to do that when the preset format changes. It hasn't in this case.

Ok, I thought it needed to be done when ever you did a firmware update in order for any changes to take effect. Thanks for the info guys ;).

Back
Top Bottom