Do you like Melodic Death Metal?

Honestly I don't mind the music, but the cookie-monster vocals just put me off, especially when they are so loud in the mix like this. The only death metal I listen to is Dethklok and yeah, I know that's a parody, but very well played by amazing musicians and the fact that the lyrics are actually funny make it much more digestible for me. I just can't believe enough that someone is that pissed-off all the time to take 'real' death metal seriously.
For the record I feel the same way about djent, apart from the amazing Animals as Leaders who I feel in are in a different league to most 'chug-chug' bands. Meshuggah I find far too bleak to enjoy, much as I can appreciate their skill.

But hey, don't feel bad, I'm not likely your target audience, it's a long time since I was an angry young man.. these days grumpy and middle-aged is probably a closer fit :)

I think I remember posting that one out late last year/early this year?

"Brother, if you own an Axe-Fx, I like Quixotic Decay Jello." I have no idea what this means. All guitars and bass are my axe fx 2?
I made a blended ultra res impulse using cab lab and the high gain essentials pack.

I, for one, actually love metal and dig your track. Love the intro.
Can I ask what you used for drums??

hah i wondered what all the countdown numbers on facebook meant, i just shared it for you guys! i wish you were in the states, i'd love to play shows with you. i've probably told you that already though haha. are you still using the HBE for this?

I think I remember posting that one out late last year/early this year?

"Brother, if you own an Axe-Fx, I like Quixotic Decay Jello." I have no idea what this means. All guitars and bass are my axe fx 2?
I made a blended ultra res impulse using cab lab and the high gain essentials pack.
It means that he likes anything that uses the Axe-FX. :)

This is fucking sick man! Keep it up! I don't honestly like melodic death metal too much except for maybe Eucharist and Sentenced when they did "North From Here." I wish MDM was more like this and less like Dark Tranquillity and those kinds of bands. This is brutal!

Thanks a bunch guys :)

This patch was using the FAS 6160 block... BUT I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED IT LAST NIGHT! stupistupistupid... I'll just dial it again I guess :'(

I like it, but I wouldnt call it melodic death metal :p
It has a lot more death than melodic.... Melodeath for me is something like InFlames or maybe CoB, norther, while your style is more low growl oriented, more ritmic (say Nile), and the scales used are "darker".
Answering your question... I like it because I think it sounds good (musically, not the mix which is good but thats not the point here :p). For people like me who understand metal, it is a good song.

I say Melodic death metal because all of our previous material has been very in flames/ TBDM oriented. If you want you can hear it here and download for free Beneath The Frozen Sky | Hollow World

If you have any genres recommendations for the new material please let me know! I'm terrible at metal subgenres now, there are too many to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom