Do you guys ever "start over?"

Not really. My settings have pretty much been the same since FW 17.00 or so. Give or take a couple minor twists and turns on DBMT knobs I've gotten sounds I'm happy with. Most FW updates haven't really changed my tones too much. Tweaked the feel in a good way for sure but I can make anything work.

Using the same amps I would use live (Bogner Shiva, both channels, Mesa Lonestar, both channels, Vox AC30,), I don't even bother with 90% of the amps in the unit because the AxeFX amp sims are so close to the real live counterparts that I own. And with those 5-6 amp sounds, I get ALL the tones I need.

I'll be shooting IRs of the all the cab/amps I own this weekend so that'll close the gap between what I used to gig with live and what's in the box. It'll be nice to carry around my whole studio in a 2U rack unit :)

I've had my XL since FW13 but I never really started from scratch just moved patches since I have a lot of space.

I decided to just do a backup and start from scratch this weekend because I think it might be liberating haha.

I've had my XL since FW13 but I never really started from scratch just moved patches since I have a lot of space.

I decided to just do a backup and start from scratch this weekend because I think it might be liberating haha.

Plus it's Damn fun, let's be real. I enjoy it, especially since every firmware gets easier to tweak and we all get better as we learn. Always amazed with folks that I run across that own an Axe fx and don't use forum at all! They truly don't know what they are missing!

My main presets I just tweak when new FW's come out. But when FAS puts new amps in the FW releases I love to start from scratch with those and see if I can top any of my main presets...

Back
Top Bottom