Do you actually wait 5 seconds for firmware reboot?

We are glad to announce the FW 1.01 of the new FRACTAL AUDIO Hourglass.
Don't spin it until all grains of sand are downloaded.

Last edited:
I open the top lid and look for capacitors to manually discharge. Seems more comfortable than waiting 5 seconds.
There has to be a way to automate this somehow. Maybe hookup a Raspberry Pi controller between FractalBot and the FM3's power supply. Have it monitor the status of the file, have a camera hooked up to read the FM3 screen to see when it's safe to power it off, and perform an automated power off function. Seems easier than having to wait around those 5 seconds.

There has to be a way to automate this somehow. Maybe hookup a Raspberry Pi controller between FractalBot and the FM3's power supply. Have it monitor the status of the file, have a camera hooked up to read the FM3 screen to see when it's safe to power it off, and perform an automated power off function. Seems easier than having to wait around those 5 seconds.
You wait 5 seconds to power it on, not to power it off though.

😂😂😂

yeah, just keep it simple...

Where would that appear, as the unit is powered off?
My vote is to incorporate a small hourglass style egg timer into the case. Turn off the Axe-Fx, flip it over, and when the sand runs out, turn everything back on. With a bit of practice, reading the front panel upside down shouldn't be too difficult.

I work with a guy who actually does think this way...

To answer the OP, I count slowly to 5 or more, wait a little, then wait longer then turn it back on. Except last night for 15.01. I fumbled the power switch and immediately turned it right back on without waiting... :eek:

Fortunately the universe didn't come to and end, and 15.01 sounds good!

Back
Top Bottom