do we really need more amps ?

there are only very few left I can think of that would be cool

The HK Triamp ,,and the beaten to death PRS Archon i think for Hi Gain and for me that would be about it , the problem is we are running out of amps with schematics easily avail ;

That said by using the advanced parameters ,changing the tone stack ,power tube and preamp tube ,Character and finally tone match there probably are not many sounds that can't be copped if you put in some time

One problem with having so many is that Cliff needs to spend increasingly more time every time he changes the modelling and needs to re-mimic or G3 or whatever them. Don't get me wrong, I like more models coming in, but what I like more is the improvements to the fundamental modelling capabilities, along with other improvements like the high quality reverbs etc.

The Axe currently has more amps than I could ever use or even thoroughly test. I'm hoping for future emphasis on effects, especially since the introduction of the FX8.

I wish I could like this a 1,000 times. To amps re so good, and even effects have improved, heck when the last round of effects tweaks happened it really made me smile because I feel some of them could use improvements still. SO yeah man You have my vote:)

I have said it before.. the axe is the best thing out there.. no competition.. I only use 5 to 10 of the200 amps but am an fx freak. So I am in the camp of getting more attention to additional effects, more drive types, more chorus, flangers phasers etc.. AND a perfectly working tuning drop functionality.

Not opposed to more amp sims but I second more attention be turned to the effects side of the box.

Interesting. I really don't use many of the effects. I probably use chorus, delay and reverb almost exclusively and am very happy with the sounds I get with them. I'm a simpleton, I guess.

I'm not opposed to more amps. I only use a small number of the models, but having the Fractal has broadened my horizons and has been a big relief to my wife that my amp collection has not grown :)

Some of the recent efx updates have been stunning to me:

- the reverb overhaul
- the rotary redo
- the bucket brigade chip emulations

These were killer updates that really impacted what I do. And I am a very meat and potatoes efx user.

Is this a question for the AxeFX, or the world in general..?
thinking.gif

wink.gif

I'm always up for new amps. Laney, Engl, VHT. Just to name a few. Of course people will say you can get those just by tweaking this or that, but I've yet to see one person do it.
And if you were to count the actual amps, NOT the different channels of those amps...........

Even though I don't use a lot of effects I'd still love to see improvements on those as well. But same thing has been said about effects.....it's all in there, you just got to tweak.

While I could make a laundry list of amps I'd like to see modeled, I'm convinced we're at a point where virtually no tone is theoretically unobtainable in the box as-is... CPU cap might limit some, but that would be a rare occurrence I think.

+1 for each effect overhaul being badass.

Seeing as how Cliff was able to get Mr. Petrucci to loan an authentic Mesa IIC+, maybe we can find a way to get Mr. Van Halen to send his Plexi and a variac over to Cliff. I say more amps....

Sure, why not? I discover new tones and find unique characteristics/voicings of amps that I'd never be evaluate otherwise. While the palette of tones/amps is very extensive, each new addition just makes the AFX all that much more awesome and powerful.

Back
Top Bottom