Do we HAVE to program pedals patch by patch?

urowinner

I'm new to MIDI so I have what may be a very basic question....

Is it possible to have a foot controller that would receive information from the Axe-Fx for each patch?

For example, currently I'm using a FCB1010 with an Ultra. In order to use this configuration, I program the FCB1010 with Ripwerx. If I want to tweak patches on the fly (especially in stompbox mode), I need to use Ripwerx to make the stompbox function correctly for new patches. I can't do it easily from stage.

My ideal footcontroller would be an extension of the Axe-fx. I would like the Axe-fx to send the information of a patch to the controller every time I select a new patch. That way, all I need to do is create a patch in the Axe, then all the effects unique to that patch would be sent to the pedal (for example, if there is a drive effect bypassed, it will automatically be bypassed.....and if there is a reverb effect present, the pedal will have a reverb on). No programming of the pedal would be necessary on a patch-by-patch basis because the Axe-fx would be the brains behind the entire operation.

Can the Liquid foot or MFC101 do this?

I don't mind programming the pedal initially. I just would like to have stompbox functionality without having to program a pedal for each individaul patch.

The liquid foot has 2 modes for this preset mode, and remote mode. the remote mode reads the patch on the Axe-fx and loads it patch in as you go along. You still have to tell it which button is assigned to what but once you do that your done. The downside is it takes about a 1/4 second or so to switch patches. Not workable in a live senario.

In preset mode you get instant switching but to get the patches from the axe-fx you use another method. It is called autoload. You tell it which presets you want to load from the Axe-fx and it will automatically take the patch name and effects states and load them into the Liquid foot.

The MFC-101 is supposed to have the seamless axe-fx integration.

Rocktron All-Access:
You must tell the All-Access what IA shitches should be on/off for each Axe preset.
You must also program in the name of the patch.
Yes, its a PIA and I really am looking forward to the Fractal midi foot controller.

Back
Top Bottom