Do we have Global EQ presets on the III?

I personally would probably never use these global "environmental" output presets. But I could see how they would be very useful and can't understand why anybody would be against it if it's an option?

I handle all of these 'venue to venue' situations at our digital mixer. We have several venues that we play regularly, and each one has their own saved settings that have each evolved over time, including the monitor sends. I have 2 separate outdoor mixes. One for when where completely out in the open, with no walls around us. And for one for when there are walls behind us and or tarps above us (same FOH, but different monitor mixes/EQ). I don't use a separate personal monitor, I get everything I need from my own monitor send from the mixer to my monitor.

Before we had the digital mixer, I had to deal with these "environmental" differences at every single gig. Having these re-callable presets in our mixer has been invaluable. For those using personal monitors/cabs connected to a separate output, these re-callable output presets would be just as invaluable IMHO.

I definitely understand what the point is.

My point is that having "environmental presets" is not all that different from "Regular" presets. You are making a set of changes for a given environment that you can call up at will.

Environmental presets are essentially overrides/modifiers for your regular presets. They are quite a bit different because they are global in nature and are meant so you don't have to go modify a bunch of presets. They are not at all the same because of the scope and the desire to avoid so much tedious tweaking which usually isn't even practical anyhow.

Your mixer analogy doesn't really translate, because you are saving a preset, not an environmental preset. It isn't a layer on top of your settings, it IS your settings... I use the same thing.

Your point is fair here. I tend to think of them as environmental because we always work from the same starting point at a new venue.

Anyway, as I said, I agree they would be useful. I'm merely saying you can do similar things with presets.

So I'll go back to my previous comment and say that we all understand the similarities and given that you understand the utility, you are just arguing for the sake of it which is completely useless.

Wouldn't it be easier (and less load on Fractal) to plug in to external EQ. I agree that venue settings would be helpful however, I find I still have to slightly tweak same venues (due to pa speakers being moved, chairs moved, number of people etc.). I use a Manley Eq and can tweak on the fly much easier me thinks.

Just my opinion.

Wouldn't it be easier (and less load on Fractal) to plug in to external EQ. I agree that venue settings would be helpful however, I find I still have to slightly tweak same venues (due to pa speakers being moved, chairs moved, number of people etc.). I use a Manley Eq and can tweak on the fly much easier me thinks.

Just my opinion.
One key point of the Axe Fx (for many) is to keep everything in the box. I don't want another piece of gear when I can already use what I have...

I'd really love to also have global input eq and hopefully with presets too :cool:
Global input EQ combined with global noise gate, saved as separate presets for different guitars, instead of having to make several copies of the same presets tweaked for different guitars.

Not really. All the things that @hippietim listed are global parameters. He’s suggesting global presets that would put all these global things under a single umbrella that can be recalled quickly, which I think would be cool.
to me, sounds like a recipe for trouble. Different EQ curves and settings can and will affect different amps in different ways. Better to make the presets and save. I figure a rolloff at 4k might work well on some sounds, but others would be just fine as they were, or even preferred.

to me, sounds like a recipe for trouble. Different EQ curves and settings can and will affect different amps in different ways. Better to make the presets and save. I figure a rolloff at 4k might work well on some sounds, but others would be just fine as they were, or even preferred.
I agree that you could trip yourself up with this if you're not careful. But I also think this could be useful for just the kind of instrument- or environment-changing situations that @hippietim described.

Back
Top Bottom