Do level setting not transfer when dumping via midi?

guitarjim

Experienced
I set all of my levels on my primary Axe using the VU meters and the A-knob (THANK YOU FAS for this feature).

I then dumped the system and the banks to my backup/rehearsal Axe via Midi.

When I fired the rehearsal unit up at band practice tonight, my levels were still at their original settings. Should the setting of the levels not transfer with the patches? Did I miss something?

Thanks for the help.

You need to save each patch after adjusting the levels.

LOL. Yes, I absolutely did that. I even checked them on my primary Axe when I got back home (before I embarrassed myself with a dumb post). The settings on the primary unit are right where I set them (VU levels right at zero). On my backup Axe, they are way, way off; right where they were before I set them. But, I'm positive the presets transferred to the backup unit because I made a bunch of other changes and all of those changes made it over to the rehearsal unit.

It wouldn't affect the transfer being complete/successful but changing Out 1 Volume will affect the meters. IOW, are you certain both Axes were at 100%?

Did you note the amp block output level value on any presets, or just notice the meters showed unexpected levels? Did every preset on the second Axe seem to be the same amount above/below 0 on the meters?

Last edited:
It wouldn't affect the transfer being complete/successful but changing Out 1 Volume will affect the meters. IOW, are you certain both Axes were at 100%?

Did you note the amp block output level value on any presets, or just notice the meters showed unexpected levels? Did every preset on the second Axe seem to be the same amount above/below 0 on the meters?

OK, then no, the pedals weren't the issue as everything on my rehearsal rig is identical and in the same position. The first thing I noticed is that the relevant volumes were way off, like they were before I did the leveling on my primary unit. Then I checked the VU meters on the patches that were low and they were very, very low; not even close to the mark. I have like 55 presets that I'm using so I went through and checked the ones that I remembered were way off and they were all way off again. My conclusion from that was that the new levels somehow didn't transfer. I'm going to try again today during lunch and be more scientific about it, noting the output level values.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom