Do I need Scenes?

This is from the manual (emphasis mine):

Each Axe-Fx II preset can use two fully independent Amplifier blocks. Presets that use a single amp block run in full resolution, providing the utmost in fidelity and resistance to aliasing. This mode is automatic and is selected whenever there is only one amp block in the layout grid. Adding a second amp block will revert both to normal resolution, where modeling is still of extremely high quality. Note that switching between presets with differing number of amp blocks may introduce an additional delay as a “soft reset” of the amp blocks must be done whenever changing the resolution.

Sorry...I stand corrected! I actually remember reading that...

But I seriously doubt you'll notice any difference.

There are a LOT of high profile players on here that do this, and I've never heard a complaint.

I've been doing it almost dubbed the beginning and it works great :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... I seriously doubt you'll notice any difference.

There are a LOT of high profile players on here that do this, and I've never heard a complaint.

I'm definitely going to try it - right after updating to 16.04, updating my mfc firmware, and checking out the reverb hold function. I hope the wife doesn't have plans for me tomorrow...

Sorry...I stand corrected! I actually remember reading that...

But I seriously doubt you'll notice any difference.

It is subtle, but more noticeable when using Ultra-res cabs. For me, seamless scene changes during live performances are more important. I really can't hear the difference in a live setting anyway. For recording, if only 1 amp block is being used for that take. Temporarily remove the other amp block from the preset for Hi-res mode.

Please take the religious topics to elsewhere on the Internet. Discussions about genres (includng praise and worship, gospil, etc.) and enviroments were you play are fine. Discussion about religion should be taken elsewhere.
The posts regarding that discussion were removed.

Thank you.

Thanks for all the advice, guys. It will take me a while to digest.

FWIW, I did set up Scenes and was planning on using it tomorrow. But then I got to thinking about "do I really need it" and am I better off using my energies elsewhere. But you have given me a lot to think about it. If time permits, I'll explore this further yet today.

But I have never had to change FX, etc. as described. It's a good-sized band (three keyboards, second guitarist, up to six singers, lead vocal, bass/drums, plus we often use Reason loops with midrange content). So even through our very good sound system, I seriously doubt anyone but me would know if I change delay or reverb settings. Drive settings - yeah, I make sure they can hear that.

Greg

It is subtle, but more noticeable when using Ultra-res cabs. For me, seamless scene changes during live performances are more important. I really can't hear the difference in a live setting anyway. For recording, if only 1 amp block is being used for that take. Temporarily remove the other amp block from the preset for Hi-res mode.

Good to know. I started with hi-res cabs and two amps, so the UR cabs just made what I had sound better... I'll play around with removing one to at least see if it's better when recording.

Thanks for all the advice, guys. It will take me a while to digest.

FWIW, I did set up Scenes and was planning on using it tomorrow. But then I got to thinking about "do I really need it" and am I better off using my energies elsewhere. But you have given me a lot to think about it. If time permits, I'll explore this further yet today.

But I have never had to change FX, etc. as described. It's a good-sized band (three keyboards, second guitarist, up to six singers, lead vocal, bass/drums, plus we often use Reason loops with midrange content). So even through our very good sound system, I seriously doubt anyone but me would know if I change delay or reverb settings. Drive settings - yeah, I make sure they can hear that.

Greg

the beauty of scenes is that once you've set them up on the MFC, everything from then on is easy..
the ethos is [where possible] only change presets between and not during songs..
you'll most likely find that you'll be able to create a preset that'll get you through the greater part of your live set, and then maybe create just a few variations of that preset to get you through songs that need something a little different..
mine are set like this..
scene1=riff
scene2=solo
scene3=clean
scene4=misc1
scene5=misc2

scenes 1 through 3 are the same in all my presets
scenes 4 and 5 handle the differences that are specific to a song that my main preset can't address..

I too prefer the benefits of using two amps in a preset
multiple amps for live, and single amp presets for reamping in the studio..

i love scenes, and notice no gap at all. unless you are doing fast, tight, super technical stuff i doubt it would be an issue at all....def not in worship (i was a worship pastor for 12 years)

Back
Top Bottom