DM5 - Fractal Audio FM3 Custom Layouts for 2-button Footswitch

Doogz

Inspired
Hello all :)

After thousands of shows over many years, I've gotten used to a certain way of working. When got my FM3 (after much debate on whether an FM9 would suit me better), I figured I could get the FM3 to do what I need live using its extended functionality. I am very grateful to a bunch of legends on these forums, including (but not limited to!) @2112 , @Cooper Carter , @chris , @Burgs ... all these folks, and others, have helped with guidance, tips and tricks, not to mention inspiriation via awesome content. I thank you all!

So - hopefully these custom Layouts and the guide will help others, maybe even just to share what else this awesome little unit can do when you add a two button footswitch.

20240127_074241.jpg

Welcome to the DM5 Custom Layouts for FM3 ...

DM = me, and 5 = the total number of physical switches in the Layouts, once you add a two button footswitch. This guide is on how to set the Layouts up and how to use them – not necessarily how to create them from scratch (albeit checking this out in FM3 EDIT should yield plenty of insights). These layouts may suit users who want a decent amount of control on Stage, plus easy access to Utilities, Tuner, Tap Tempo and Volume Changes. You can get to just about anything in as few short presses as possible. Short presses are just quicker than long presses (duh, and I know you can change the duration!). These Layouts make extensive use of Stand-In Switches and Layout Views...

The first external footswitch is set up as a Table of Contents Footswitch – this cycles through Presets, Scenes, Control, and then wraps back to Presets. The second external footswitch is set up as a View Change Footswitch. It scrolls through all four Views in any Layout. Both footswitches have long press functions too.

The DM5 Layouts have two options – one with automatic switching to the Scenes Layout from a chosen Preset via Layout Links, and the other with manual switching to the Scenes Layout. The Auto Scenes version has Scene toggling turned on. The Manual Scenes version has Preset and Scene toggling turned on but requires another footswitch press to get to the Scenes layout. Gapless switching between Presets (and Scenes!) may make it desirable to work mainly at the Presets level rather than the Scenes level.

I hope you enjoy, and of course, any and all feedback welcome ...

Attachments

• DM5 MANUAL SCENES all-layouts_JULY 2024.fclayout
    84.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DM5 AUTO SCENES all-layouts_JULY 2024.fclayout
    84.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DM5 - Fractal Audio FM3 Custom Layout for 2-button Footswitch - July 2024.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom