-DI + TS9 + IK MULTIMEDIA AMPEG SVX

DRUMS:

-SD 2.0
-KICK, SNARE AND TOMS BLENDED WITH SOME SAMPLES

MY PRESET

Axe-Change - Download Preset - JM13-FASIIV30DJLTD - by JAVIMARTIN13

Last edited:
cool! (really good mix)
thanks for sharing the patch (really digging the FAS Modern II with my 7 string)
any vocals going to go over this?

Thank you kmanick!!

For now no vocals, I'm not a good singer hahaha but I'm working on some lyrics.

I will ask someone for recording vocals, I've thought on one person but I don't know if he would want to do it.

If I find someone to record the vocals I will share it here!!

Dude this is pretty sweet.

The only suggestion I have is that the overheads could either be a little brighter or louder and the snare could do with a little extra high end.

Thank you all!:)

Yes, I think that info is very helpful to know what's the spectral range of guitar tracks. And if you use my preset and it sounds different you will know what's the difference between your guitar and mine and why sounds different, then you can adapt it for your guitar.

I'm planning to do some videos explaining how I record and mix but for now I haven't a decent camera nor decent video editor.

But I have that in mind and I will do it someday!

Very nice man, will you define light broadband compression? Also def interested in some tutorials on your recording. Sounds great. Here is my song I just did last week and was looking for some feedback.

Theo, thank you and yes, you are right, I'm not completely happy with overheads, I have to boost a little bit some noisy frequencies :p. I'm happy with the snare sound.
"Synts" are Axe-Fx II Clean presets too, one is custom and another is factory preset.

Mark's Tone and VeryBadMan Thank you!!

musicman61554, thank you! Broadband compression is when you use a compressor for all the spectrum, so I mean not-multiband compressor. For guitars the most common compression is multiband, that way you can control the lows, but if you know how to use compressors correctly you can use broadband compression too. And light because is only a little bit of compression. Nice song! As starting point I recommend you to get good snare and kick samples to blend with your drumkit, that way all will sound more contundent. If you want you can add me on Facebook and I could help you.

Yeeeah! jajaja la verdad es que sí!
Yo normalmente toco en Drop D y he notado una diferencia tremenda, pero la verdad es que me estoy enganchando a este tipo de temas.

I've uploaded a new mix/master. I don't know if I've improved the sound or if I've fucked up the song hahahaha my ears are going to explode... Maybe tomorrow I will realize about what I've done...

Back
Top Bottom