Fixed Dizzy V4 Silver Channel 4 super fizzy?

Dizzy V4 Silver Channel 2 does this too. It almost sounds like a ring modulator or spitty fuzz pedal. You can really hear it when you pick lightly.

I hear this too. There's a really weird buzz that kind of sits in the background of single notes, especially noticeable as you turn the gain down. Not present at all on channel 3. Possibly a bug in the amp model. There recently was a bug in the Brit Silver model that caused it to sound odd and was only present in the AX8. Maybe something wasn't ported over from the AxeFX correctly when we got Quantum 3.0.
An Axe-FX user on the Dizzy V4 thread in the AFII forum said the issue wasn't happening with him, so I suspect it is an AX8 exclusive issue just like the Brit Silver was. Doesn't sound like it's the same exact thing that was happening with the Brit Silver, though; on that it was a lack of gain, not a buzziness.

I'm glad I saw this thread. I always skipped over the Diezel models because I thought they were just metal amps. V4 Silver Channel 3 rocks!

i haven't been able to recreate it really. sure channel 4 is a good bit brighter but it doesn't seem overly fizzy. i don't have any extended range or down-tuned guitars but with my LP in standard or drop D it's fine, bright but not fizzy or buzzy. turning the presence down a good bit helps even more.

i haven't been able to recreate it really. sure channel 4 is a good bit brighter but it doesn't seem overly fizzy. i don't have any extended range or down-tuned guitars but with my LP in standard or drop D it's fine, bright but not fizzy or buzzy. turning the presence down a good bit helps even more.
Hmm, strange. It's happening to me regardless of tuning, especially on sustained palm mutes and light picking. You are using an AX8 with the latest firmware, correct? And it doesn't sound like what I've recorded?

I'm using an LP in standard tuning. I just reset the amp block and lowered the gain a hair. It is not subtle. It seriously sounds like a ring modulator or some other effect on channel 2 and 4, channel 3 is fine.

sorry, never even caught this was AX8, i was testing on an AxeII.

I have to start paying better attention to which forums things are posted in....I always just check newest posts.

This issue has been isolated and corrected. The fix will be included in the next release.
I can confirm this weird sound on my Axe FX II Mk 1, Q3.02, on both the Ch2 and Ch4 V4 silver (but not on Ch3). Interestingly, the buzzing goes away by reducing the value of "Triode 2 Plate Frequency" to a lower value than the default 40.000 Hz. I chose 6200 Hz, which is the same value as for the blue V4, but in fact any value lower than the default works.

I want to thank @Mitch Baker for answering our questions through this thread. It's easy to just think we ask because we don't believe, but with troubleshooting we need clarification on things sometimes before we go full in for bug fixing. So thanks for the audio examples and updates as the thread went along. This helped provide factual information which narrows down the search and lead to the fix.

Thanks!

I want to thank @Mitch Baker for answering our questions through this thread. It's easy to just think we ask because we don't believe, but with troubleshooting we need clarification on things sometimes before we go full in for bug fixing. So thanks for the audio examples and updates as the thread went along. This helped provide factual information which narrows down the search and lead to the fix.

Thanks!
No problem, glad I could help!

It is possible that the real amp's 4th channel really is this buzzy sounding, but it sounds way too buzzy relative to the third channel. Turning down the gain doesn't help, either.

EDIT: This is occurring on the second channel as well.

I was floored,I bought a diezel when I plugged in,fizzy ws exactly what I heard..ended up flipping..it's the compression of the amp and the bass of the amp..I had a mode added to reduce bass from the gain stage of channels 2 and 4 of a diezel hagan, still not the crunch I'm used to..sold it.i think the diezel patch is very close in the ax8

I was floored,I bought a diezel when I plugged in,fizzy ws exactly what I heard..ended up flipping..it's the compression of the amp and the bass of the amp..I had a mode added to reduce bass from the gain stage of channels 2 and 4 of a diezel hagan, still not the crunch I'm used to..sold it.i think the diezel patch is very close in the ax8
I get that it's a fizzy amp, but this was an actual bug that was affecting only 2 of the 3 channels of this Diezel, and it has been corrected.
also on the Ax-FX II with Quantum 3.03?

This is the first I'm hearing of this in the Axe-FX II. Strange, given that in the release notes of AFX-II 3.03 it says it addressed this same thing that was happening on the 65 Bassguy and Dweezil's B-Man with the sat switches engaged, but nothing about the V4.

Back
Top Bottom