Fixed Dizzy V4 Silver Channel 4 super fizzy?

Mitch Baker

It is possible that the real amp's 4th channel really is this buzzy sounding, but it sounds way too buzzy relative to the third channel. Turning down the gain doesn't help, either.

EDIT: This is occurring on the second channel as well.

Last edited:
ch 4 on a Diezel ha a lot of additional gain. can you describe what you're expecting with ch 4 compared to ch 3?

More gain, yes, but when I turn the gain down on channel 4 to compensate, the buzziness remains. The notes just die out, you can hear it with the chugs.

are all settings identical?
I'm switching between them with the amp list, using their settings as they are with the gain on 4. The bright switch is engaged with channel 4 and not engaged with channel 3, but I've messed with that and it has no impact on the gain structure issue.

Nothing, they're off on both amps, all I'm doing is switching amps using the arrows. It does sound like a bad gate.
sorry i want to just clarify - you said "they're off on both amps" but just making sure you know i'm talking about the Input Gate block, a separate block on the far left of the Layout.

sorry i want to just clarify - you said "they're off on both amps" but just making sure you know i'm talking about the Input Gate block, a separate block on the far left of the Layout.
Yes, I'll shoot a video to demonstrate. Have you or anyone else tried comparing them? I don't know if it's just my unit, just the AX8, or the current Quantum revision as a whole. It was happening on 3.02 as well (not that this was specifically addressed with .03 or .04, but still)

thanks for the video. this may be a question for the amp experts specifically. i had a real VH4 silver, but i don't remember that characteristic specifically.

Hey Mitch, sorry to go off topic, but which screen capture software did you use there?

I cannot help with the amp problem

Whenever I change amp types I reset the amp block in the drop down.

Even if you go from something like a 5153 blue to red by using the arrows its seems to throw things off .Start with VH4 ch 4 reset and try that .

vh4 ch 4 has more upper mid vs the ch3 thicker punch

Whenever I change amp types I reset the amp block in the drop down.

Even if you go from something like a 5153 blue to red by using the arrows its seems to throw things off .Start with VH4 ch 4 reset and try that .

vh4 ch 4 has more upper mid vs the ch3 thicker punch
This issue is occurring regardless of how I select the amp.

I hear this too. There's a really weird buzz that kind of sits in the background of single notes, especially noticeable as you turn the gain down. Not present at all on channel 3. Possibly a bug in the amp model. There recently was a bug in the Brit Silver model that caused it to sound odd and was only present in the AX8. Maybe something wasn't ported over from the AxeFX correctly when we got Quantum 3.0.

Back
Top Bottom