DIVINITY new video in GUITAR WORLD

Cheers guyz, the Axe-FX is used for all the leads / cleans / fx. The rhythm tracks are 5150III reamped by Mark at Audiohammer. Oh and the floorboard is an Axess FX-1, although i'd like to check out the Fractal piece sometime!

AndrewSimon said:
cookie-monster-20080603-133713.jpg

;)

Haha!

Good to see the Axe-Fx shots.

I liked the music and the solos were great. I'm not a big fan of yelling vocals, but I think I actually enjoyed the chorus where he got more melodic while yelling.

It's interesting to see how heavy music has evolved down different paths. I don't listen to music this heavy, my 15 year old does can't get him away from it :lol: . I have to say the musician ship is there in spades and the mix is awesome. The machine gun riffing with all the instruments is killer and as tight as it gets. All the guitar tones were great and for being a direct tone I couldn't tell, Thought I thought the solo tone might of been the Uberschall that we saw in the opening portion of the vid, deserving of a solid rock fist \m/ very well done.

Good song and great musicianship. During the chorus the singer reminded me of Jon Oliva (thinking 'bout Savatage's "poets & madmen").
The only thing that I found to be a bit lacking sense were the tempo/groove shifts to and inside the guitar solo section.

diggi said:
Can you post the lyrics to this song please?

Thank you!

You made this in the first place
Facing today with untold conviction
Through the motions, through the pauses
The bed goes unmade

I now know the way
The precedent, obey

Dark thoughts flow inside my head
Shrouding the sunlight within

Lay in the bed you've made
My mind is cast into shadow
Face the mistake you've made
Living the consequence
Sleeping through life
Self help is defeating

Waking from another nightmare
Humanity is dreaming
Wake up to restart from nothing

ENDITOL said:
Oh and the floorboard is an Axess FX-1
DANG !!! I googled it and found a pic although the Axess-electronics site does not appear have anythng other than a place-holder on it.
Look at the pic.. no wonder I thought "MFC" !!!

dsc00166.jpg

ENDITOL said:
diggi said:

Thank you!

The bed goes unmade

I now know the way
The precedent, obey

Living the consequence
Sleeping through life
Self help is defeating

Humanity is dreaming

The song opens with some references to the tragedy of 911. I was curious how these lyrics relate to that event for you?

Thanks very much for helping me (and possibly others that read these words) understand this a little better.

diggi said:
ENDITOL said:
diggi said:

Thank you!

The bed goes unmade

I now know the way
The precedent, obey

Living the consequence
Sleeping through life
Self help is defeating

Humanity is dreaming

The song opens with some references to the tragedy of 911. I was curious how these lyrics relate to that event for you?

Thanks very much for helping me (and possibly others that read these words) understand this a little better.

Cheers for the interest! The song is basically about taking responsibilities for our actions. Both on a personal level and as a civilization. It also relates a bit about how a small group of 'elite' people often control how history plays out for the rest of us with almost arbitrary decisions at times.

Is this James or Sasha??? Anyhow...KILLER VID!!!

I have had the pleasure of sharing the stage with these guys, and they damn well deliver live...Great tone. I believe you guys were using Bogner (James?) and Sasha had a Deizel? I just remember a huge and very crushing tone!

sevser said:
Is this James or Sasha??? Anyhow...KILLER VID!!!

I have had the pleasure of sharing the stage with these guys, and they damn well deliver live...Great tone. I believe you guys were using Bogner (James?) and Sasha had a Deizel? I just remember a huge and very crushing tone!

Cheers dude, it's Sacha. Yeah I was using Diezel a ways back, then ENGL, now 5150III + Mills cabinets. Of course the Axe-FX has been a constant ever since I got it! ;)

ENDITOL said:
diggi said:
ENDITOL said:
The bed goes unmade

I now know the way
The precedent, obey

Living the consequence
Sleeping through life
Self help is defeating

Humanity is dreaming

Cheers for the interest! The song is basically about taking responsibilities for our actions. Both on a personal level and as a civilization. It also relates a bit about how a small group of 'elite' people often control how history plays out for the rest of us with almost arbitrary decisions at times.

That is not at all what I took away from it. Intended or not, I think it's pretty easy to take the 9/11 reference, that song title, and those words to mean that the USA got what we deserved. Just sayin'...

hippietim said:
That is not at all what I took away from it. Intended or not, I think it's pretty easy to take the 9/11 reference, that song title, and those words to mean that the USA got what we deserved. Just sayin'...

There are a number of news quotes in the intro not just the 911 one if you listen...but that's the fun of lyrics, they are open to interpretation and influenced by the mind of the listener.

ENDITOL said:
hippietim said:

There are a number of news quotes in the intro not just the 911 one if you listen...but that's the fun of lyrics, they are open to interpretation and influenced by the mind of the listener.

OK, so why are there references to 9/11 in the song? As you intimated: I can develop my own "interpretation" of the song just as anyone else can and may, but lyrics aren't generally "arbitrary" - these don't seem to be arbitrary, and there was a conscious decision to include references to 9/11 - My question to you ENDITOL is, "why"?

Is that what is meant? That (in Divinity's opinion) the United States got what it deserved on 9/11? Or, is that perception of these lyrics not in keeping with the intent of your lyrical and direct references to that event?

Thanks again for helping me (perhaps others) understand....

diggi said:
OK, so why are there references to 9/11 in the song? As you intimated: I can develop my own "interpretation" of the song just as anyone else can and may, but lyrics aren't generally "arbitrary" - these don't seem to be arbitrary, and there was a conscious decision to include references to 9/11 - My question to you ENDITOL is, "why"?
This is perhaps a matter better handled through PM's? I'd bet some money Fractal doesn't wish 9/11 and who is to blame for what, or anything remotely related to it, becoming a topic in "Axe-Fx general discussion"..

IMO, generally speaking, straight cop bar rules should apply: no religion, no politics.

Back
Top Bottom