Wish Display custom names of general use's IA switches while AXEFX mode is on.

So when you press a switch that you setup as general use, it says a custom name? You can already do that by setting the switch name.

What does it say when you press it now?

Chris, he wants to give customized names to Axe-Fx IA Switches! Not Axe-Fx NONE Switches.

IMHO this idea will end in confusion for the most:

1) MFC get #CC of FX Block from Axe-Fx
2) MFC link the Axe-Fx IA of that FX Block to the correct #CC
WISH:
3) MFC should link Axe-Fx IA Name (=FX Block Name) to a Custom Name and show that on the screen.

I'm so sorry.

I do not have much time when I wrote the thread. I did it in a hurry, in a language that is not mine and I expressed myself badly.

I meant the MFC take the IA switches custom names whenever it is different from the default "IAsw ##" or "None ", for example. If the name was "None" or "IAsw ##", the MFC work normally.

Thus, the MFC in performance mode and AxeFX mode enabled would show on screen messages in the user's language, that is, presets and customs AI's.

This already can be done by setting the function of the IA's as "None" and manually assigning the CC#, like Chris@KatsuKuriMedia says. My idea was to take advantage of the automatic assignment of the MFC's CC#.

I do not think that is a major change. Simply pressing the desired IA , the MFC would check if the custom name is different than it should be by default. If so, it shows the custom name; otherwise, it shows the related Axe-Fx's functions (normal behavior).

Another better way would be that the MFC allows to change the IA's names when AxeFx mode is on.

I hope I explained better this time.

Last edited:
Hmm... I don't think I understand what you mean. I think you want your chorus IA switch to display "chorus" for a second and then show the preset name again after that? I don't see when you would need that (considering you labelled your switches) other than for dynamically assigned IAs that change on every preset.
Then again, for those dynamically assigned IAs you can't use the Axe FX functions anyway (except you assign 'external control' to them), so this is already possible, isn't it?

Hmm... I think I just misunderstood your post.

I would love the be able to set names for my scenes, though, so that I can put additional information in it (like an exclamation mark at the end that shows me that expression pedal 2 is active in this scene or something).
I always used preset names to put in some reminders. This is especially helpful if you haven't played with one preset for a longer period of time. Now that I switched to scenes, I miss that feature somehow...

Morphosis got the idea.

others examples:

Delay1 ▶▶▶ Eco or Retardo
Scene1 ▶▶▶ Ritmica
Scene2 ▶▶▶ Limpio
Scene3 ▶▶▶ Solo

Back
Top Bottom