Disappointed in the reverb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we cut to the chase on this?

gsegal - have you presented the following?

- an audio clip of a guitar sound with the type of reverb you like (preferably a recording of yourself playing)
- an audio clip of your best effort with the AxeFxII
- the .syx file of your preset using this reverb
- (optional) a high quality recording of you on your guitar DRY, so that others may re-amp and apply effects to

after having done the above, the forum will do what it will, resubmit audio clips, .syx files, tweaks to your preset, offer advise, etc. I'm not aware that you have done this, and if you have, apologies. Personally, before writing off the AxeFxII reverb effects, I'd lean on some of the very qualified ears on this forum and enlist their help.

[Btw, did you think that you weren't going to piss people off by comparing the digitech pedal to the AxeFxII reverb? I mean really, that's just asking for a fight right there....just sayin'.]

Personally, I don't care much either way what you do. In this case, though, I see someone (you) who seems to be having a problem with reverbs that other users don't seem to be having - even though, admittedly, many users feel that the AxeFx reverb could be improved in some ways. My interest in this thread has to do with an opportunity lost where the AxeFx reverb can really be "scrutinized" and compared to other units with A/B comparison clips, and to the benefit of the broader AxeFx community. The AxeFx has so many tools in its bag, you just never know what relatively simple tweak or addition to the reverb could "unlock the mystery", if in fact it can be unlocked.

All I'm saying is that if you are genuine in your desire to get the AxeFxII reverb to work for you, you'll consider this.

If you want a fat reverb, put an EQ block after it and the route it back to the signal chain, if you can't fat up the sound like that, they you may have a hearing problem! :p

I really don't care if people get pissed off. My opinion is my opinion. No I have no clips because I don't own any recording equipment. I think this discussion has just about run its course it's obviouse that most people on this forum are just much into the axe to even discus it without getting pissed off.
Ps thanks for the eq tip I will try it.:)

I really don't care if people get pissed off. My opinion is my opinion. No I have no clips because I don't own any recording equipment. I think this discussion has just about run its course it's obviouse that most people on this forum are just much into the axe to even discus it without getting pissed off.
Ps thanks for the eq tip I will try it.:)

Just remember to route the reverb and eq blocks like if they where in a parallel FX loop, this way your main tone will not be directly affected by the eq. I guess you could put all the way wet the reverb and just mix in the sound with the eq level or the reverb level...something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom