Dimensions of fcs

Hi

Maybe stupid question. Why fractal does not make fc witch perfectly fits in to rack gear. Not 28 cm not 51 cm but right 48 cm? Maybe wish list?
Thanks

Because FCs are foot controllers. Ever try to use your feet to control rack-mounted gear? ;)

Not bad 🤔🤪. But if i have rack case for axe fx and maybe power amp why dont put fc to drawer and dont need use another bag?
The FCs are the size they are for two reasons that I know of: to fit in what needs to fit, and to allow for fast and comfortable use in a live situation.

They could make the FC-12 shorter by crowding the switches together, but that increases the risk of hitting two switches at once. The FC-6 already fits into a rack drawer. In fact, many rack drawers can fit two of them side by side.

Note that, if they made an FC exactly 48 cm as you originally requested, it would never fit into a rack drawer. ;)

The FC-6 already fits into a rack drawer. In fact, many rack drawers can fit two of them side by side.
That's what I was going to say. Two FC-6 plus the necessary cables and a small DC power-supply for the second FC would probably fit.

I seriously doubt they'd redesign and retool just to make the FC-12 fit a drawer on the off-chance someone wants to fit it in there. That'd be a small part of their market for the FC-12.

Back
Top Bottom