Digitech Whammy, who else is a fan?

I'm not that diehard a collector that I would even get the smaller one trick pony pedals. Especially if I can just use a Whammy for all of them instead. One Whammy to rule them all, and in pitchshifting bind them!

The Luxe is cool though, best chorus ever! Once I discovered the detune function of the Whammy I pretty much stopped using chorus pedals.

I'm not that diehard a collector that I would even get the smaller one trick pony pedals. Especially if I can just use a Whammy for all of them instead. One Whammy to rule them all, and in pitchshifting bind them!

The Luxe is cool though, best chorus ever! Once I discovered the detune function of the Whammy I pretty much stopped using chorus pedals.

Totally understand your sentiment and if I weren't a collector I also wouldn't care much.
The pedals do have some extra features though which makes them a little more unique.

Is the newer bass Whammy also working for guitar in the high register? And is the bass Whammy tracking much better than the Whammy V or DT? I play both bass and guitar so not sure which one to buy. I have seen some bass famous players use the V.

Is the newer bass Whammy also working for guitar in the high register? And is the bass Whammy tracking much better than the Whammy V or DT? I play both bass and guitar so not sure which one to buy. I have seen some bass famous players use the V.

I’d assume it’s on par with the V, which has been my favorite Whammy since the WH-1/WH-2. I’ve used my V on basses and it tracks just fine. I’d be curious to know exactly what the differences are between the bass version and the V, outside of the finish on the pedal.

The bass whammy works fine with guitar but it has enhanced tracking for low notes. It also has different interval options, which are kind of cool to be honest.

I had the IV and the V. Sold both along the way as I felt Axfx matched them for me. Love the whammy effect / have it in every preset + have dedicated expression pedal for it.

I had the IPS33B for about 20 years. Used it for the whammy and shimmer (a tweaked version the factory string pad preset). Sold when I got the fx3.

I had the IV and the V. Sold both along the way as I felt Axfx matched them for me. Love the whammy effect / have it in every preset + have dedicated expression pedal for it.
Do you have an Axe fx III or II? I have the II. Although it's not bad I think the hardware Whammy is still better. But maybe the III is better and up to the same level as the Whammy V or DT?

Do you have an Axe fx III or II? I have the II. Although it's not bad I think the hardware Whammy is still better. But maybe the III is better and up to the same level as the Whammy V or DT?
Ax3Mk1 - Definitely the real Whammys have some sort of mystery magic in them like a lot of pedals have so can be hard to dial in on a modeller without knowing the specifics. Axe3 works well enough for me - Also I love feel of the big boss expression pedals I have for wah, whammy...

I had both the WH-1 and II years ago. Seems like I got the WH-1 for $150 when they were not yet in favor. Come to think of it my buddy in high school had the WH-1 when it first came out and we all thought it was a odd duck because nothing else was out like it.

I sold the WH-1 and got the II which i liked better. I used the II for years and it was very sturdy for gigs. Plus the power adapter orientation was much safer if you stepped on it.

Back
Top Bottom